1 (edited by Tenement Funster 2018-02-22 11:07:40)

Topic: POST #3000

Been watching my "number of posts" counter recently, as this milestone has approached. I thought I might say something eloquent to commemorate the event, but what I really want to say is a big "Thank-you!"

I joined Chordie a little over 5 years ago, and this has become one of the highlights of each day. All of you have answered questions, shared your individual expertise, encouraged, provided advice / feedback, and been that "panel of expert consultants" that anyone learning anything can grow with.

The paramount element of Chordie is the courteous and positive culture which each of you contribute to. Chordians come from all over the planet, like different music styles, and are at varying skill levels. Yet no one is ever made to feel unwelcome or put down. Whatever Per and our Mods have done to build this culture deserves a huge round of applause ... I'm proud and grateful to be a Chordian.

Rick "Tenement Funster" Morse

Re: POST #3000

This makes you one of just fourteen. I have just checked and there are only 14 Members who have posted 3000+ messages.

Congratulations

Roger

https://media.giphy.com/media/11sBLVxNs7v6WA/giphy.gif

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Wow, congrats!!!

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, singer ]-
Bandcamp     https://richardmortimer.bandcamp.com/follow_me
Discogs          https://www.discogs.com/release/29065579
YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/@RichardMortimerMusic

Cool breeze.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

5 (edited by unclejoesband 2018-02-22 14:30:01)

Quite a milestone. I'm here 4 years and don't even come close.

But like you said, it's all about the comradery and friendly interaction we all have with each other.

Congrats on reaching 3000 keep um coming smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

wahooooooo !!!

way to go.

THIS PLACE IS GREAT

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

8 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2018-02-22 19:25:01)

I would like to thank you, Rick for all the support, advice and friendship I have gotten from you, they have picked up my spirits when they needed it, and although we may never meet, here's my "Hand Across The Miles"  (amended slightly)

Thanks also for all the great work you do with your feature programs. Always interesting, and like :The Loremaster's always well-researched!.

Congratulations, my Fried!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

9 (edited by Peatle Jville 2018-02-22 19:41:07)

TF  congratulations on your three thousanth. I enjoy your posts keep them coming. You help make this land of Chordie the place of good Kings and Queens  A place where all people count

here's to 3000 more!

Congrats TF,  Chordie's the best...   well said...

Badeye    cool

one caper after another

Congrats on the big milestone.

After 7-1/2 years I only have 765 posts.  At that rate it'll be 22 years before I hit 3000.  maybe I'll make it by my 90th birthday.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Congratulations  TF, looking forward to the next 3000 smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Congrats on 3K. I've never paid much attention to the numbers before, I don't even know how much I have (till I look later) I've been here since 2007 and have learned a shedfull of stuff, spoken to really interesting people and worked with some fine writers and musicians. As you say; best site on the web.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thanks everyone!

I've never been a very good spectator, but prefer to be involved ... so I post a lot. Chordie has been such a helpful resource, and y'all (as Bill would say) are awesome folk to converse with. Dunno if I'll get my own nickname someday, but for now TF works just fine. Somewhere inside, there is still that kid with the new purple shoes, who wants to drive his neighbors crazy by playing his music too loud (the song "Tenement Funster" by Queen).

TF thanks for letting us  know where TF originated from  . For some reason up until now  I thought it came from you been a fun  guy  when you were younger living in a area full of rental properties.  . I think you could do with another title other then Honoured Member even though that is is great. I think it would be appropriate to make you Chordies
Distinguished Musicologist if that was OK with you and the those who decide on here.

Congratulations Tenement Funster.

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!