Topic: ooops!

i cant believe it....i had 8 completed songs on my SD card, 4 covers and 4 originals. the originals were mixed ready for down-loading onto CD. i loaded a new CD and pressed "format"...therein lies the ooops! the SD card got formatted not the CD. i'm hoping i can remember how the songs go, as i write, record mix and forget!

sorry to burden you all my chordie friends but my memory seems to be getting worse. anyone else done stupid stuff they wouldn't normally do?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: ooops!

We were headed to toys r us just an hour ago.  I parked and started to exit the vehicle.  The vehicle was neither off nor in park.  Fortunately I realized my mistake before anyone got hit!

I got married - twice!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Top I got you by one I marched to the alter 3 times and 3 times to court lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Stupid stuff is what I normally do!

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

6 (edited by Tenement Funster 2018-03-24 10:01:56)

The real fun in life is doing stupid stuff covertly ... just to see what could happen ... and then pretending it was a silly oversight. big_smile People tend to leave you alone more often, so it's a free and fun ride to some extra peace and quiet. Two for one, baby!

Phill You could get a sdcard recovery program and get them back.

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!

Well that just stinks Phill. sad

Maybe the new recordings will come out even better than the ones you lost.

I have done too many dumb things to remember. Sadly, I find myself doing more rather than fewer.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Luckily my memory is very good to me....................

It forgets all the silly things I do. lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks for your support guys. Have to say when I mess up they just shout louder at me as if that will make me better!

Another silly moment....did a gig last night, first in about a month, shocked myself by remembering all the words but for Brown Eyed Girl!!!! And the solo from Singing The Blues...and I'm sure there was something else?

When I have done recordings with friends who do that sort of thing we usually find the times we mess up often lead to better things.

My problem is when I do something stupid it usually leads to me doing something even stupider.  For example, a couple years ago the "Foothills Folk Society"  group I belong to was putting on a benefit show at a local campground/canoe livery to raise money for the local food bank.  As I write a lot of songs about paddling rivers and camping, I was asked to be one of the featured performers which meant I needed to do about a 30 minute set.  I arrived the evening before with my guitar and camping gear, set up my tent and joined some folks sitting around picking and singing.  It was getting dark and someone said we needed to build a fire.  I had a flashlight, some matches and fire-starter in my cook bucket sitting on a picnic table so i reached in the bucket to retrieve them.  A filet knife had come out of its sheath and sliced the tip of the middle finger of my left hand - right where a guitar string would get in the wound while playing. After finally stopping the bleeding I taped it tightly and tried to play but the bandage kept deadening the adjacent strings.

The next morning I thought I would have to bow out of the evening performance when I remembered I had a tube of super glue in the glove box of my truck. Glue was used to close wounds during the Vietnam War and I figured it would work on my finger. I retrieved the glue but the cap was stuck. I bit down on the cap and tried to twist it off it wouldn't budge. I twisted harder and broke off a tooth instead.  I finally got the cap off with pliers and applied glue to the end of my middle finger. A couple drops had fallen on my ring finger and before my brain kicked in, I licked off the glue only to stick my tongue to the roof of my mouth.  Now I had to pry my tongue loose which resulted in some skin ripping off from my tongue and blood coming from the corners of my mouth like in some horror movie. I played that night although some of the lyrics had a slight lisp to them. During the last song the glue came loose and I had blood running down my hand but finally got through it.  Later I was talking to some folks in the audience and they thought it was all part of the act. hmm

The next morning  i woke up with a sore finger, sore tongue and missing tooth.  At least the  crowd was generous and we raised a good bit of money and food for the food bank.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

That Verges on being one of the funniest stories I ever read
A fiction writer would have trouble making up a scene like that
Glad it worked out. Thanks for the early morning smile

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

A truly laugh out loud story, I read it out to Ann and she laughed too. I hope everything is OK now? It must have been an awful experience, but at least you got a great story might have been in a Charly Chaplin movie.

From my times playing in bands, at the time I may not have enjoyed it all the time and messed up quite a bit but you can look at one of the others as if it was them! but playing solo you've got no one to blame when you mess up....and I do...a lot, so now I just smile like it was meant.

Phill Williams wrote:

A truly laugh out loud story, I read it out to Ann and she laughed too. I hope everything is OK now? It must have been an awful experience, but at least you got a great story might have been in a Charly Chaplin movie.

Actually there is little more to the story.  I went to my dentist back when it happened and had a crown made for the broken tooth.  Things were fine until about 3 months ago when the tooth became loose. I made an appointment and a new dentist re-glued the crown.  About a week later I was eating grapes and a seed lodged between the crown and the tooth next to it, loosening the crown again. I made another appointment but had to wait a few days before a dentist had an opening.  On the morning of my appointment I called and cancelled the appointment.  The previous evening the tooth came completely loose and I had swallowed it and I told the receptionist I had no plans to look for it. smile

My new insurance coverage requires me to pay the expense for a new crown out of pocket. Given that the cost will compare with a kevlar canoe or a "name brand" guitar, I think I can live with a missing tooth.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

DE - I only caught the tail end of this story (the tooth part) while you were sitting around the breakfast table at CS last week. I am glad to have heard the rest. Hilarious! big_smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

DE, that was so funny, oh the visuals of what you went through lol - thanks for the laugh (at your painful expense which I am sorry happened to you).

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Moral to the story, always camp with fresh tubes of super glue, dont lick fingers.  and have both the gel and liquid.  buiild up the layers on that wounded finger next time wink

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)