1 (edited by TIGLJK 2018-03-29 13:46:13)

Topic: Recording studio visit

I am so excited!   I am in Clovis NM. And this morning I'm going to the Petty studio where Buddy Holly began his career.
It's a little hole in the wall but I am so intrigued to be able to sand where some the early greats recorded not only their music, but history itself
You have to make an appointment with this sweet little ol guy that maintains it' there is no admission- he just says "there's a jar there if you want to donate so the fellers and gals after you can also enjoy it"

Here is short YouTube description of the place - going there in a couple hours!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_contin … 16zUoTkXNA

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: Recording studio visit

Cool place. What history must have been recorded there. sad it's no longer in operation. Thanks for sharing.

Omg. Way cooler than expected.  One the backup singers for Holly was there. I got to speak with him and take pics.  I plan on adding pics to this post after get back he is 80 and sharp as a tack had a blast chatting

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIG if I ever get back to the USA again that studio would be a place I would love to visit. Look forward to you putting some pics up.

That is so Kool !!

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

nice one Jim, hope you enjoyed? well i know you enjoyed....pick up any tips?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.