1 (edited by beamer 2018-03-31 05:41:25)

Topic: I should have known better!

Yesterday i made a big mistake.  I went into the acoustic room at my favorite music store, and the sale of the day was $1000 OFF! 

It was a Taylor AC. (cant remember the model number but I think its the jumbo type) I never should have touched it! WOW! What a great guitar,, only $2800 after the $1000 discount! LOL but my god it was amazing.

Every note just sprang out from it and filled the room!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: I should have known better!

I take it that it now has pride of place in your music room? If so, how did you find time to write this post?

Ignore me, it's just jealousy talking.....hell of a bargain though wink

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

A high quality guitar has the gravitational attraction of a black hole ... they just have a voice and feel that gets a grip on the soul. You said "... it wasamazing". Does that mean it's still in the shop?

I understand perfectly. I was in my local music store looking at 12 strings. My wife said try one of these over her. It was a Taylor GS series maple body ,spruce top. It blew me away at how big it sounded. But the price was big also. I went across the state to a huge guitar store to find something cheaper that I might like. Nothing at the other store hit me like the GS. The sound haunted me. So I went back and they gave me a heck of a discount. $1,000 like Beamer. I bought it and don't regret it at all. The next week I was back in the store where I bought the 12 string. The sales guy told me another guy that was looking at the 12 string came in the next day after I bought it,  to buy it. Boy, I was lucky. And the best part is my wife was OK with buying it.

Tyson7 wrote:

The next week I was back in the store where I bought the 12 string. The sales guy told me another guy that was looking at the 12 string came in the next day after I bought it,  to buy it. Boy, I was lucky. And the best part is my wife was OK with buying it.

has she got a sister?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

You should exercise self control when you go to a music store.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

JJJ
That is hysterical.  Great advice however
I gave away one f my guitars ( epi LP studio) to one of friends and figured since I did that I was entitled to at least browse the music stores.  I haven’t plunged yet but I feel the time is nearing.  I think I’ll have a bracelet made to wear when I go that says “ What would JJJ do?”

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

.  I think I’ll have a bracelet made to wear when I go that says “ What would JJJ do?”
What would JJJ do?? I think everyone knows the answer to that one. Lol.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I know the feeling well it is a re-occurring condition there is no cure it is the gottagetit fever

"Growing old is not for sissies"

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

.  I think I’ll have a bracelet made to wear when I go that says “ What would JJJ do?”
What would JJJ do?? I think everyone knows the answer to that one. Lol.

lol lol lol

Well TF got it correct.  WAS is the key word.  It is still hanging.  even the guy who is the guitar tech said it is his favorite guitar that has come through the store in a long time.  He has not even bought it yet either.  2800 is a lot of $$ for someone of my ability,,, Heck, I just bought my amp head and that is the single most expensive music item I have ever bought.  before that, it was a total of 800 on my Kramer,case and Roland G20 amp  when I was 16.  So if we tie the 2x12 to the combo my grand total purchase is still hovering around 1000 and change. LOLOL

Buttttt MAN IT WAS SOOO NICE.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)