Topic: NGD, NBD and passing GAS

Hey, its been quite a month here.  We've been on the road a bit and a friend has had me pick up a couple items for him and for my "troubles" gave me these:

Simon and Patrick concert hall showcase
https://scontent.fyyc3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36462462_10214303288549318_2661687238735167488_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=4906f1409fc0ddcd3b88bf4a8735cf4d&oe=5BE1D0D0&efg=eyJhZG1pc3Npb25fY29udHJvbCI6MSwidXBsb2FkZXJfaWQiOiIxMDI5NTIwMTEwIn0%3D
   Balalaika
https://scontent.fyyc3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36448157_10214303288389314_8519227464528953344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=3976a353a429113a6f30571d39c523e8&oe=5BB138EE&efg=eyJhZG1pc3Npb25fY29udHJvbCI6MSwidXBsb2FkZXJfaWQiOiIxMDI5NTIwMTEwIn0%3D

passing on was the great Fender Kingman find also passed on was an early Framus banjitar very cool but sorry forgot to take a picture.
1970's Kingman
https://scontent.fyyc3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36591844_10214303288349313_26357741849149440_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=c8847d519d5fd9085ed41d43da649fd5&oe=5BB029C7&efg=eyJhZG1pc3Npb25fY29udHJvbCI6MSwidXBsb2FkZXJfaWQiOiIxMDI5NTIwMTEwIn0%3D

and if you happen to know anyone who speaks Russian, a translation of the Balalaika label would be much appreciated!
https://scontent.fyyc3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36534416_10214303288469316_3354427521838874624_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=40856a2943a0a475471290756e99adbe&oe=5BA77FC1&efg=eyJhZG1pc3Npb25fY29udHJvbCI6MSwidXBsb2FkZXJfaWQiOiIxMDI5NTIwMTEwIn0%3D

Hope y'all are having as much fun as I am smile
Jim

Re: NGD, NBD and passing GAS

Happy NGD, NBD and HFD Jim! That S&P sure is pretty - and it looks like Santy Clause on that Balalaika - would love to hear it ringing out! Sorry, I can barely speak English, those letters look like what my printer does when something breaks big_smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

3 (edited by beamer 2018-07-02 00:26:14)

I work with a bunch of russian and ukrainian guys,, ill see if Yan can do it for me.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Thanks Topdown, not sure if I dare tighten the strings on the balalaika - I'm pretty sure the strings are original equipment and its never been played.
And thanks for the help Beamer I'm sure it's just regular label stuff but still would be cool to know.

All the best everyone!
Jim

Your friend gave you those beauties for services rendered? Who did you have to kill??? My jaw dropped at the first guitar, I was drooling at the balalaika and I had to wipe the drool off my screen by the time I got the the Kingsman.
Give your friend my name if he needs anything done in the UK.   Lol

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Nice acquisitions, Jim ... Happy Canada Day, indeed! My Russian is non-existent, so I tried holding it up to a mirror ... didn't help. sad

7 (edited by TIGLJK 2018-07-03 10:39:46)

JIm

I totally agree with Phill  !!!  smile

Jealous,covetous,and envious  are the three words that come to mind.

I did not know that Kingsman was a guitar Elvis used often. ( I love when I get an education from chordie posts!)

I looked them up on reverb - you've been given thousands of dollars of guitar value !!
I need friends like that too !!!

I am sure your friend knows how much you appreciate a great guitar and feels confident in placing them in your possession.
I will look forward to seeing you post some songs that were played by these beauties!

Thanks for sharing

and HAPPY CANADA DAY to all my friends living in the great North land!!
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

It sounds like you've had a difficult month. However, I'm glad that you got something to bring you pleasure out of it. The instruments are wonderful.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

You know that I will appreciate any NGD.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Wow what a friend! that is amazing!

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Ok,
My friend says it's. EXPERIMENTAL GUITAR SHOP MOSCOW APRIL 1974 AND THE CRAFTSMANS NAME WAS PAVLOV.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

Ok,
My friend Yan, (from the Ukraine) says it's. EXPERIMENTAL GUITAR SHOP.  MOSCOW.  APRIL 1974 AND THE CRAFTSMANS NAME WAS PAVLOV.
He also said the Balalaika was probably worth a lot due to the craftsmanship and Detail.

I missed the bit about the Banjotar. I'd like to hear that get played. I think of Framus as the go-to heavy metal bass folks. I had no idea they made folk instruments like that.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thanks Beamer!  Its nice to have that information. 
Story goes, it was a gift from a visiting diplomat or business contact(?) to the previous owner.

Zurf, I'll get a photo one of these days maybe a sound clip too.
Jim

the Kingsman is worth thousands?.....don't tell your friend and make sure he doesn't come on chordie

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

LOL I wish...  Sadly the Kingman was one of the troubles I had to endure - the banjotar as well.  Wherever we go no, my friend seems to find there amazing deals.  I pick em up for him and  he resells at a pretty good profit.  Wish I knew so much about the vintage market. 
Interesting bridge on the Kingman, each string is intonated individually with an adjustment screw.

Jim

jgreen wrote:

Interesting bridge on the Kingman, each string is intonated individually with an adjustment screw.

Jim

Wow, that is a real rarity, Jim. I just did a bit of googling, and it seems like they only made those for a few years (late-60's - early-70's). You've got a unique collectible there, for sure.

Wow!  Those are beautiful!  Thanks for sharing the photos.  Sorry I showed up late, I do know a few folks that know Russian... but looks like that Q was answered!  Neat collection you're growing!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.