When the trust of love
Starts to bleed into fate

The daily struggle
To keep love and trust alive
And over time,
We start to loose our grasp.

Love trust hate fate
Four letter words that we all make

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: 4 Letter Words

Is this a test to see if we're reading your poems, Scott? I mean that in a funny way and not being critical because I really like the poem. It's just that the word "trust" has FIVE letters. I know. I'm being a "spelling/grammar" Nazi, aren't I? smile

Of course, we could "loosely" define "trust" as a four letter word in that you consider it a word worthy of condemnation.

Failing that, just tell me to keep my brain shut and fingers still.

Still like the poem though, and it sounds like it should be a song.

Your Friend

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Well there are no words to replace it with that have 4 letters.  But it n the contexts of the topic,, I think we can let it slip. 

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I agree. Let's let it slip. Do you agree it would be a good song? Do you have my e-mail address? Please feel free to use it anytime you want to talk and thanks for not taking offense. Many years ago I taught high school English, and I guess these things just jump out at me, so it isn't just you. I do this with other Chordians as well. smile

Your Friend

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

i have said for many years that there is a fine line between love and hate...one day you love someone, something happens and you suddenly don't love them anymore, or vise-versa?
this is a great thinking poem as you have to think what it's actually saying and that's what great poems/songs are about. anyway, what's one letter between friends?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

The one letter between friends is "E" ... it's right in the middle. Do I win a prize? big_smile