Topic: BC RICH, DEAN, IBANEZ and other brands

More and more you find guitars like BC RICH profiled as "THE HEAVY METAL" guitar.
I know these brands, but I am not familiar with those guitars. See also the IBANEZ line, like SATRIANI has.
Is this a 100% heavy metal guitar, what pickups do they use, and can you play nice sounding ballads or blues? or are the pickups made in that way that you will only have a screaming sound ?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: BC RICH, DEAN, IBANEZ and other brands

as far as i know, it is all about appearance, but, on the other hand, you also see a lot of emg active pickups in them. so it really just depends on the specific instrument. further proof it really doesn't matter, is the fact that tom morello from ratm plays both strats and teles. so i think it it just doesn't matter.

gitaardocphil wrote:

More and more you find guitars like BC RICH profiled as "THE HEAVY METAL" guitar.
I know these brands, but I am not familiar with those guitars. See also the IBANEZ line, like SATRIANI has.
Is this a 100% heavy metal guitar, what pickups do they use, and can you play nice sounding ballads or blues? or are the pickups made in that way that you will only have a screaming sound ?

The 80's hair bands started using B.C.Rich's because they were made very well. Bernie Rico Jr had his shop in S.El Monte, Calif. about 15 minutes from my house. His son Joey I believe is still building custom type guitars out of Hesperia Calif. (the high desert). Bernie had some hot neon colors and since hair bands were all about flash the used alot of B.C.Rich's. Neil Moser designed alot of the B.C.Rich stuff. Alot of people mostly guitarplayers use to assemble the B.C.Rich guitars. Jimmy Brown from Deliverence use to work there, a guy I know name Gary use to paint their He had a rad double neck with speed racer airbrushed on it and one with felix the cat. B.C Rich went and sold to the Japanese and the line basically went to crap for a while. They are now owned by the same company that owns Rockfield pickups, Michael Kelly guitars and I believe Ovation also.

Bootlegger.

jesus, Boot I knew you knew.
I am putting $$$ aside to go again travelling: travellin'band.
I did know the Bernie Rico Jr story.
Maybe my question was not accurate enough, because I forgot to ask, knowing they construct "weird" and unbelievable models, the strangest forms.
They are talking about a "dime bag" model. I only knew that he existed, because I have some songs by Pantera. But I know more about Darrell because of a guitar is made and named after him.. What happened with the guy, a certain Nathan Gale who killed him and 3 others?
But this is really the kind of music, I "can" appreciate, but the way those groups, especially their singers, they have all the same voice, deep from the grave.
Also the songs they play are very deep and low: DO THEY USE A LOWER TUNING?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]