Topic: Recording Onto SoundCloud: Do I Have To Pay?

I was just sorta getting things ready and I can't seem to find where one can record directly onto this service. There is a section which says "Upload", but that lets you upload from a file already created, apparently.

I then looked over to where the three dots are, but there too I found nothing which sets me up to begin recording and I wanted to get all the "learning" done before I actually play and sing a song for y'all.

So do I need to join for money or is it free and I'm just not choosing the right button?

Thanks!

Bill 

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Recording Onto SoundCloud: Do I Have To Pay?

I'm not a SoundCloud expert (one app I have on my iPad uploads it's recording directly there), however I believe you need to record the tune onto your local PC and do all the adjustments there, prior to uploading it to SoundCloud. I've never seen where you can record directly into it, like a recording program ... I hope others can chime in if I'm mistaken.

Cheers

Richard     

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, singer ]-
Bandcamp     https://richardmortimer.bandcamp.com/follow_me
Discogs          https://www.discogs.com/release/29065579
YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/@RichardMortimerMusic

Bill
it`s free to load music,our mate Peatle records on his cellphone then loads it.
email him for advice if required.     

The King Of Audio Torture

4 (edited by beamer 2018-10-15 04:52:40)

Bill I use SoundCloud all the time the best thing to do is record it on your phone or on your computer.  I then load to audacity or whatever program you have for editing, do Post production such as Reverb or whatever I need to do, export to MP3, if you've never used audacity then there's a couple little tricks to that,. And then basically you hit the upload button or drag-and-drop. eventually your free account will fill up and you either have to delete songs or pay for the premium.I just delete some of my older stuff and stuff that's not exactly the best that I have up there anyhow you'll hold quite a lot.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Bill
Same here

I just record onto my computer - and then upload to the cloud - pretty easy.
Good luck
and I am looking forward to your contribution!
Jim

PS Is Dondra going to be your back up singer ? smile     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Brother Bill I am looking forward to hearing you on soundcloud.
Love to you and Dondra
Pete     

7 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2018-10-16 18:44:52)

Pete and all: I won't be using any fancy stuff such as reverb, over-dubbing, etc. I will be using the very simple "record" and "stop" feature that's on my computer, so what y'all will hear will be all me - raw and all. Beamer, a couple of years ago, our friend Doug tutored me on how to use audacity, and I wrote it all down on a note card (so I'd be sure to have it to go by), but somehow I managed to lose it along with other cards which had my passwords on them. So after I get this first song done the simple way, I'll play around with audacity some more. Right now it's really "information overload" for me.

Please don't expect too much, okay? As a matter of fact, I am thinking of recording three versions of the same tune, and choose the best of the the three to upload - mistakes and all - so y'all can critique me. Speaking of which I hope you will be as critical as you need to be, because it can only help me.

I gotta go out and buy some superglue to put on my fingers and practice. I am looking toward this weekend for recording this thing, and Jim, Dondra will be visiting family this weekend, so there will be no distractions or "holding back" out of embarrassment. smile

Thanks, you guys!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Looking forward to hearing you Bill, think it will be the first time smile     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan