Topic: Guitar Stand Rant

You know those fold-out ones, right?

With the soft rubber "sleeves" which protect the guitar's finish?

How come they can't just glue those things in place? It's not like one is going to need to take them off for any reason, so just glue them into place as part of the manufacturing process, what's so hard about that??

On my way to buy some Gorilla glue and while I'm at it, I'll chase those damn kids off my lawn, too! smile

Your cranky old friend

Bill 

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Guitar Stand Rant

Bill. I put up some wall brackets/guitar fork type things to hang my guitars on (4) while we were doing my studio (front room) out. Now I just hang them up (guitars) when I'm finished, it keeps them off the floor cos I have a lot of grandkids that don't look where they're going.

I used to have one of those "fold up" stands till a compare in a club I was playing knocked my Strat over while I was on a break. Now my baby stays in her case when not in use.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

3 (edited by Baldguitardude 2018-12-01 20:12:34)

I hate folding stands.  Just found the first one I can live with, and to your point Bill it’s sleveless....but uses cork instead.

I don’t trust the folding jobbies  nearly as much as wall hangers.

I've given away my floor stands to people I don't like, 'cuz they inevitably get a cord or straps caught on them, back into, tripped over, etc. and guitar gets damaged. tongue No, really I didn't do that, but wall hangers are definitely a way safer to store guitars. PLUS ... it looks real cool having them on display.     

I've made my own stands (3)   they work well,,   Like the hanger idea,,,   

Badeye           cool     

one caper after another