Topic: My uksongwriting contest results

To all that are intrested.
My song results points out of 10
Christmas without you. : 4 points ,participant position
Rise : 5 points commended position
Ill die with a sword in my hand: 5 points commended position
The lone tree : 6 points highly commended position
Lady you've got me going crazy: 6 points highly commended position
To get in the semi final you need 7 points , the final 8,9 point to win 10 points. 
Oh well ,Give it another go next year. 

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!

Re: My uksongwriting contest results

Ctech I think your songs are worth more points then what they gave.  There have been many Demo Songs rejected by A-list Billboard artists and turned into hits by others.     

Ctech
hey what is a good song???????????????
Song comps are very fickle,just need to look at the past winners of
the eurovision song comp.How many of them turn into hits?
On that subject, is being a hit mean it`s a good song.
Boy there`s been some pretty average songs that sold big time.
There`s plenty of great songs that where never hits.
It`s all pretty subjective! If my vote counts i like what you write.
keep entering it`s a great way to put your music out there.     

The King Of Audio Torture

Thanks Peatle,  I didnt think i would get anywhere so was happy with what i got. Im not up in rhe clouds . Haha!     

Hard times create strong men,Strong men create good times,Good times create weak men,Weak men create hard times.Cantwere rice INVICTA!

5 (edited by ctech 2018-12-31 10:12:26)

Cheers Brian, in my mind a song is a hit, mostly depending on the majority mind set,yes you do get outsiders but on the whole it familiarity that sales,(when i was young i was into punk rock,now i think what the hell did i see in that"young rebelious mind")And these day thats the same old monotony with a few outside good songs getting a break.

It good for me to know ive got a few fans. Ill keep writing and entering just because i enjoy it.

I certainly agree with what Peatle and Easybeat have said. Popularity is no indication of quality, but simply how marketable some people feel a song could be to the masses. There's a lot of great music that isn't popular, and a lot of junk that is. I admire you for entering and being willing to take the risk ... very courageous!     

Tenement Funster i only enter my tame songs,i would be banned for life otherwise i see myself as counter culture. Some are so extreme i wont post on chordie.  Maybe one day when im dead someone will find some of my songs and say he was spot on. Why didnt anyone listen...     

Ctech
please feel free to send me any less tame songs you have written.
I`m a great believer in free speech,i may not always agree with your views
but am very happy to listen.     

The King Of Audio Torture

9 (edited by ctech 2019-01-01 11:04:15)

Ok brian I'll record a few when got time and email them to you.