1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2019-01-01 04:04:13)

Topic: Teaching Life's Gift

I guess the reason why we write poetry and song sometimes is to either encourage or change people negative perceptions on life.  I wrote this for a young teacher who is heading to a new town and a school that has a bit of reputation for having  difficult students next year. He wasn’t feeling confident about the year ahead.  I have had a go at singing it with my guitar. Its attached here if you want to have a watch listen. If any one wants to have a go at it that would be real cool. Happy New Year everyone.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxUcGQy-od0

Teaching Life's Gift.
Wake up with a grateful heart and teach every day.
Yeah wake up every day with a grateful heart.
Every day is a gift.
Procrastination and perfectionism go hand in hand.
We say I can’t do it right.
I wont be able to do it at all.
Well before you can get it right you'll probably get it wrong.
In every success  story yeah in every successful story.
There is  usually chapters of struggle.
Yeah there are chapters of learning and growth.
Be grateful  yeah have a grateful heart.
See every day as a gift.
Be grateful see every day  as a gift.
Oh procrastination and perfection go hand in hand.
We say if I can’t do it right I wont do it at all.
But remember before you can get it right.
Yeah before you get it right.
You’ll probably get it wrong.
In every success story there is going to be a struggle.
Yeah treat every day as a gift.
A grateful heart sees every day as a gift.

Re: Teaching Life's Gift

P
i hope the teacher reads /listens to this.     

The King Of Audio Torture

Nicely done, Peatle ... a fine tribute to someone who's obviously had a positive impression on you.     

Cheers Eb and TF for your commments. The poem is about PERSISTENCE. Nothing in this world can take the place of good old persistence. Talent won't. Nothing's more common than unsuccessful people  with talent. Genius won't. Unrecognized genius is practically a cliche. Education won't. Why the world is full of educated fools. Persistence and determination alone are all powerful. I wrote it because this teacher is moving to a challenge he thinks he is not up to. His wife has descided she needed a challenge and has got a job away from here  in this town that will test her skills. She told him she is going and he can join her or stay here. He has taken this job at a school that finds it hard to atttract teachers only because of her and this is my way of saying enjoy the challenge. He has a degree in Maths and another in Music plus a Teaching degree I think the experience  could make him. He could end up like one of those teachers they make films about. His reaction to my poem was "thanks your words are great in theory but not in reality". He has been  pushed out of his comfort zone.