Topic: DEALS AND OTHER STUFF

This is going here as technically it would go in both Electric and Accessories.

I posted not too long ago about the ESP/LTD Ax that i had to pick up and put on lay away.  (Electric section)

Last Thursday (Feb 21) I went into my shop to pay it off.  Before I even got 1/2 way into the store, from the repair area,  my tech, Eric,  is flagging me over to him. 

"SCOTT COME HERE MAN, I HAVE A DEAL FOR YOU!"

I am hands on hips and shaking my head.

"Man I just spent about $250.00 Now what do you want to twist my arm with?"

" How would like a 2004 Gibson Explorer with case for $600?"

"Whats wrong with it?"

"Some dings and I had to fix the truss rod,  its one of mine, it was my road dog, and studio guitar.  I just want a different guitar since I have my black Explorer also.  Besides I remembered you talking about really wanting one and not being to find one so you got the Dean instead"

"You really know how to make me spend $$!  YES, will you take payments cause I cant do it right now in one lump."

"Naw its cool you can do that, but hey I'm taking my pickups out of it."

"No worries ill get ya pickups"

And this is where the other side of the tale comes in.  Started looking on GFS and comparing them to Dimarzio humbucker power rails.  So in the end, GFS wins again.

GFS Crunchy Rails- Our Hottest- Modern Metal Power- Black on Black
Bridge Position - 16.2K   
Neck Position - 10.4K
total with shipping about $75.00

The Dimarzio's bridge was a 15 and the neck a 10 and about 85 each.

Oh and ill have the Heavy bottoms / light top set of strings put on also.  pictures after I get it put together.

I am getting the toys before I cant.  This is a long long wanted guitar!  Like since I was a kid and saw the Pyromania / Def Leopard vids .  the big black explorer the y had. it was just a bad mo fo.

I promise I am not going to be JX3!    The Gibson will be the last for a long time.  After that its all going to bills
and Divorce.
I am  pretty set up: Bedroom rig, mobile pedal board, half stack downstairs with RP500, lots of nice guitars.

The Gibson will win the list as most expensive guitar I own.

Cheers! 

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

2 (edited by TIGLJK 2019-02-27 23:09:37)

Re: DEALS AND OTHER STUFF

Congrats Buddy !!
Sounds amazing!

If you post that you have a bread machine next to it ----- I 'm gonna think Joey 3x is living on West coast !

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Way to go, Beamer! That's a nice find, and with the cool mods it's a one-of-a-kind. I can imagine you getting a 7-string someday (low B-string) or a baritone ... seems to suit what you like / play.     

Tenement Funster wrote:

Way to go, Beamer! That's a nice find, and with the cool mods it's a one-of-a-kind. I can imagine you getting a 7-string someday (low B-string) or a baritone ... seems to suit what you like / play.

Well this is why the DEAN  was modded to B

LOLOL     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Easier said than done. I didn`t think I would become the next JJJ. Look what happened.     

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Congrats! Waiting for pics big_smile     

-[ Musician, writer, guitarist, singer ]-
Bandcamp     https://richardmortimer.bandcamp.com/follow_me
Discogs          https://www.discogs.com/release/29065579
YouTube         https://www.youtube.com/@RichardMortimerMusic