Topic: Electrifying my guitalele

I've just  fitted a piezo pick up and pre amp to my Yamaha guitalele.I'm very  pleased with the result .
I chose a ukulele pickup kit from Joyo which cost about 25 pounds.,the kit came complete with pre amp module ,a piezo bridge pickup and a jack socket/battery box.
To fit it I had to cut two holes in the body and deepen the bridge slot to accept the piezo..However the bridge was a little high and  a bit  wobbly as not enough was seated in the slot once the pixel was in place but I was able to rectify this by using a piece of  3/32 "  silver steel bar in place of the original plastic bridge piece.
The kit was intended for a uke so the original 4 string piezo pick up was replaced by a guitar one .
The only down side is due to the kit being designed for a uke the tuner will only recognise  the 4 high strings,but the sound quality is  much better than my previous attempts at electrifying this instrument  with a piezo type contact mic
I'll try and get a little video done over the next few days to  show what a neat piece of kit this is . 

Re: Electrifying my guitalele

I've never seen or played a "guitalele" Graham. Is it essentially a 6-string uke, which is tuned like a guitar? I played one of those 6-string banjo-guitars a couple years ago. It was a cool instrument, but I don't play enough music that requires a banjo, i.e., I didn't get G.A.S. from playing it. big_smile     

Re: Electrifying my guitalele

It's a uke sized guitar tuned to A so that's like having the capo on the 5th fret.They are a really cool travel instrument.I take mine where ever I go .
I'll post a vid as soon as I get some spare time.