1 (edited by easybeat 2019-06-18 07:07:37)

Topic: creating music

peatle sent me this link,this guy described me and i would guess many of you.
if no one is interested in your music,this is worth watching.
maybe after watching this i will start putting  my crap on soundcloud again.
he has many valid points,have a look.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNZl58sqqRc

The King Of Audio Torture

2 (edited by Tenement Funster 2019-06-18 09:41:14)

Re: creating music

Very interesting video, EB ... for anyone wanting their music to be seen / heard, he has lots of good ideas. I suppose the questions that need answering before getting to this stage are:

1) Why do I play / make music in the first place .. for myself, or others?
2) Is gaining an audience important to my creating / playing music?
3) Does having an audience some how validate / vindicate what I do?
4) Do I hope to receive some form of reward for making my music public?

I ask these questions from a personal perspective (obviously), because I have no desire to perform, entertain, or create music which I think others might want to hear. Music is a very personal thing for me, and offers an oasis in a nutzo world where I can lose myself entirely in something for a period of time. As selfish and silly as this might sound, someone else wanting to hear me play almost feels like an intrusion into my private space.

Now I'll say further that if someone wants to do both, that's terrific, and my hat's off to them. And for anyone who puts their musical creations up on SoundCloud, YouTube, or the like ... I wish them well and all the success in the world. I would just hope that any artist (music, painting, poetry, woodworking, etc.) does it for themselves first, for the sheer joy of the journey. And I suppose if that joy is there, then it will come through loud and clear if the artist wishes to make their work public. And I love to celebrate and promote great musicians making great music; it's just not something everyone needs to do to fully enjoy their own creations.

These thoughts might be worth two cents, but not much more. big_smile

Re: creating music

TF
great reply,i guess we all do it for ourselves,as i`m a rank amateur
i never expected to share the stuff i do.But i was told not to sit on it
and put it out there.Every now and then a kind person will have a listen.
Thats very encouraging,they don`t have to like it,but it`s great that
someone has shown a little interest.
This could apply to any endeavor,i guess it`s part of being human.     

The King Of Audio Torture