Topic: Popular Music Styles 1910-2019

I found this on youtube and hope y'all find it as interesting as I did.  I'm guessing that starting about 60 years ago  teenagers began to determine which musical genres rose to the top.

DE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP88FUL7d_8 

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Re: Popular Music Styles 1910-2019

Interesting. Interesting to see the newly invented styles of music emerging and gaining popularity however I had never heard of 'Chanson' music and had to Google it to find out what it was. smile

Roger     

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: Popular Music Styles 1910-2019

Teens are the ones with free money.

Been thinking of you lately DE. That Breedlove I bought from you has been converted to a laptop steel that I'm trying to learn. It's not going well, and I blame you.  LOL! 

On the other hand, Olivia is a dream to play. I've been playing bass at church as part of a broader band. We've got a lot of folks out of the area this coming week. Only the band leader and I are available for Nov 10. We're looking at him switching from guitar to keyboard and me switching from bass to acoustic rhythm or either hybrid or finger picked. If that happens, it'll be Olivia. 

Regardless of what happens, I wish all Marines a Happy Birthday on Nov 10.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude