Topic: Sew What's up Doc?

This not only keeps me busy when I am not practicing or watching TV but it go's to a good cause and makes me feel better about the sewing machine I purchased to make guitar straps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otWdwzsT_g0 

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Sew What's up Doc?

It's great that you're doing what you can to help out during the COVID-19 pandemic Russell. My oldest daughter has also been sewing masks for the last few weeks and donating them to friends and assisted living facilities in her area.     

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Very Honorable Russell
Way to go !!
Heroes come in a variety of  modes and manners.

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

It took a while to grasp the concept of the design it looked so easy on the video but making it fluid is another matter lol

Dirty Ed wrote:

It's great that you're doing what you can to help out during the COVID-19 pandemic Russell. My oldest daughter has also been sewing masks for the last few weeks and donating them to friends and assisted living facilities in her area.

smile

TIGLJK wrote:

Very Honorable Russell
Way to go !!
Heroes come in a variety of  modes and manners.

Jim

I think you will be a large step ahead of the game. I made ten masks and then someone who had a case of 3m masks from taking care of a relative and   bought a case of 3m masks  a  year ago and he gave us  20 masks and to be honest I like them alot but I also like the masks I made and they are washable. WE only where them if we have to go somewhere. 

The people I have seen with their windows rolled down is unreal. Mine are on automatic and they stay tightly closed.  Every one here is still  at home unless you have a good reason to be out.  The last time I went to the grocery store I got stopped by the police 4 times in three miles.  I do not mind staying home but we also like to have food to eat.     

Music is what feelings sound like.
Music is life, that why our hearts have beats.

Classical Guitar wrote:

I think you will be a large step ahead of the game. I made ten masks and then someone who had a case of 3m masks from taking care of a relative and   bought a case of 3m masks  a  year ago and he gave us  20 masks and to be honest I like them alot but I also like the masks I made and they are washable. WE only where them if we have to go somewhere. 

The people I have seen with their windows rolled down is unreal. Mine are on automatic and they stay tightly closed.  Every one here is still  at home unless you have a good reason to be out.  The last time I went to the grocery store I got stopped by the police 4 times in three miles.  I do not mind staying home but we also like to have food to eat.

I am the same I only go out for food, personal items or medications but I can drive around my town (population 14,000) in Wisconsin with the windows rolled up.     

Classical Guitar wrote:

That's unreal. Especially since the police aren't supposed to be stopping you just for being out. Sounds like you've got a local problem there with whoever is directing the police officers.     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude