1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2020-09-20 10:42:43)

Topic: My Mums Meke

As this a music site I thought I would share my Mums 100th birthday celebration dance attached below. I think the point of music in most cultures is a way of telling our stories also as a way of lifting our spirits and celebrating life and making us move or dance.

https://www.facebook.com/ritaangusvilla … 4506026874

Re: My Mums Meke

Penblwydd hapys Maria. Cant blwyddyn oed.....ardderchog.

Translated; happy birthday Maria. One hundred years old...amazing.!

Give her our love and congratulations and a few kisses and hugs     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

3 (edited by Peatle Jville 2020-09-20 11:14:22)

Thank you Phill she will love your Welsh birthday greeting.

Congrats to your Mom Peatle ! That is awesome - she had everyone in the room's attention and even had them danceing as well.  Quite a milestone and I am sure quite a woman!
Thanks for sharing.
Jim

PS  how do people from New Zealand know how to speak Welsh ?     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Feliz Aniversário Maria e parabéns por ter completado cem anos de idade. Grande abraço e continue dançando.

As you have a Welsh greeting, here is a Portuguese one, and translated is:

Happy Birthday Maria and congratulations on reaching one hundred year of age. Big hug and keep dancing.

Roger     

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

6 (edited by Peatle Jville 2020-09-21 05:30:12)

Thank you Roger and Jim.
In answer to Jim's  PS question about Welsh language.   Kiwis and the Welsh have a bond through the love of a game called Rugby Union and also New Zealanders love of the way the Welsh sing. We  love it when the Welsh send us greetings in their native language and they enjoy things in Maori language.  Mr. and Mrs. Google are always good for  translating but usually a translation is provided by saying it both in Welsh and English and the same with Maori. Though we don't have a big percentage of the population who speak Maori in New Zealand the ones that do are mostly over 70 years old or under forty years old. There has been a big push in last thirty or so years to save and revive the Maori language.     Nowadays my mum only speaks her native Fijian language when in Fijian church or at formal occasions or for celebration of importance. I stopped speaking Fijian when I was five years old  and struggle now to understand or speak it.

Sadly it's the same for the Welsh language. My father and both my grandmothers spoke Welsh to me and I went to Welsh schools. My kids couldn't be bothered to learn the language until my daughter got to age 21 and decided she would go to night school to learn to speak it. Subsequently sending her youngest daughter to a Welsh school and she's getting on fine at nearly 8 years.
My language  almost got wiped out by the English when Welsh was outlawed in schools and in public.In the 1960's there was a big revival as Welsh or more relevantly Celtic was understood to be the predominant language in Europe and Wales was the only country where it was used on a daily basis. The language even being older than Latin. Scotland and Ireland also have versions of the Celtic language, and is used hopefully enough to keep the language alive.
Rugby is the great unifier, all the violence is on the field (unlike football) and Wales and New Zealand and also Fiji are brothers of the oval ball.

Kia Ora

sorry for the sermon     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

iechyd da   Phill very interesting  your comments. Watching the soccer hooligans  from Europe and the UK on TV makes me wonder if they are there for their team or just out to cause violence and destruction. Today people in education are now realizing that kids who speak more than one language do better than those who are monolingual.

Kia ora to you and your family  my friend.     

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR MUM!

Not onlyis this a most interesting fact that she is 100 and dancing and in good health, but the language history is great.     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Cheers thank you Beamer.     

Wow. Outstanding. 100 years. Can you even imagine?     

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Cheers Zurf and thank you. I can't imagine myself still been here at 100.     

Zurf and Peatle

I can imagine, but  what I am imagining isn't nearly as good looking or active as Maria !! smile

However, every day we get a little closer to 100 !     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Cheers Jim love those thoughts about  mum and age of yours.  Thank you