Topic: Easier Said Than Done

Easier Said Than Done
12 October 2020
Beamer

Woke up on the wrong side of bed,
Unsettling thoughts running through my head.
Ya’ know I woke up and thought to myself,
At least I didn’t wake up on the wrong side of dead

A restless sleep for the past few nights,
No one to blame, no one to fight.
Laying here, amazed at life
Laying here thinking and hoping I’m not right

Brought you into my circle,
No strings attached.
Gave you my friends.
We laughed and laughed.

Not everyone a true friend can be.
I’m told that I am …. Plus three.
Something changed, it wasn’t me
Passive aggressive it’s not pretty.

A restless sleep for the past few nights,
No one to blame, no one to fight.
Laying here, amazed at life
Laying here thinking and hoping I’m not right

Real life ain’t no nursery rhyme,
Ya’ know it’s goanna take some time.
Maybe we killed it for the long run?
Forgiveness, is easier said than done.

Yes, Forgiveness,
Is easier said than done.
Oh Forgiveness,
Is easier said than done. 

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: Easier Said Than Done

funny in places, sad in others. a celebration of a new relationship? i get an undertone of " is she, isn't she" but i wont go into that.

i laughed out loud at "at least i didn't wake up the wrong side of dead" that's how i feel every morning.

i like it.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

That was the line that got me too Phill !

and Beamer     easier said than done - Always is !

Good song man

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thanks guys.  It’s not about a woman.  It’s about someone you thought was a friend and brother     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

Oooh! Been there done that. There's nothing worse than a "friend" that smiles to your face while their stabbing you in the back. Consign him to the bin my friend. At least you got a good poem, possibly song out of his treachery?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

6 (edited by beamer 2020-10-13 14:46:17)

Phill Williams wrote:

Oooh! Been there done that. There's nothing worse than a "friend" that smiles to your face while their stabbing you in the back. Consign him to the bin my friend. At least you got a good poem, possibly song out of his treachery?

Im hard that way.  He moved out, was a roommate for a year. He was there for me when I needed him.  Between my daughter and her BF moving back, and Covid, and no where to go to blow off steam, (not to mention work sucks for both of us) it all became a case of camping too long with your friend! LOL .  He did do some S___y stuff.  Some selfish stuff.  it will take a while, bu tthe wounds will heal.  I dont give up on my friends very easy.

It is better that we dont live together now tho.  repairs already starting.

Yes a good song. I added some changes to the main working copy.  Z suggested one part as a bridge, IDK   im really feelling how its written.

Thanks to all for my wrong side of dead comment.  I actually think I lifted that from a movie,  but its a great  line.

- Cheers big_smile