1 (edited by beamer 2020-12-11 17:49:16)

Topic: MoPOP founders awards.

I plan on donating some money after I pay my bills.  This 2 hour fundraiser is on Youtube. 

MoPOP Founders Award 2020 Honoring Alice In Chains
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zTIF6CM1tI

Amazing performances by great bands and collectives of musicians jaming AIC tunes.  Not all of its heavy.

Shooter Jennings (Waylons son) and Duff McKeggan (from Guns & Roses if you dont know)amazing version of Down in a Hole.

Then you get Cory Taylor(is there any song he cant knowck out of the part?) Dave Navarro and Chris Chaney (Guitar and Bass from Janes Addiction) and Drums by Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters)

Thats only two I mention,  This is so worth your 2 hours! 

(taken from aninternnet site)

Performances during the award tribute included: Alice In Chains performing “Your Decision”; Ann Wilson performing AIC’s “Rooster”; Dave Navarro, Taylor Hawkins, Corey Taylor, and Chris Chaney performing AIC’s “Man in the Box”; Duff McKagan and Shooter Jennings performing AIC’s “Down in a Hole”; Korn performing AIC’s “Would?”;  Nancy Wilson, Mark Lanegan, Curtis Mayfield, and Liv Warfield performing AIC’s “Brother”; Fishbone performing AIC’s “Them Bones”; Dallas Green performing AIC’s “Rain When I Die”. Liv Warfield and others performing AIC’s “Put You Down”; Kim Thayil, with Shaina Shepherd and others, performing AIC’s “It Ain’t Like That”.

Mastodon performing AIC’s “Against”; Krist Novoselic and Kim Thayil, with others, performing AIC’s “Drone”; Lily Cornell Silver making a performance debut with AIC’s “Black Gives Way To Blue”; Mark Lanegan and Maggie Bjorklund performing  AIC’s “Nutshell” in memory of Layne Staley and Mark Starr; Ayron Jones with Jeff Fielder and others performing AIC’s “Heaven Beside You”; Members of Soundgarden performing AIC’s “Angry Chair”; Billy Corgan performing AIC’s “Check by Brain”; Metallica performing AIC’s “Would?”; Alice in Chains performing “No Excuses”; Eric & Encarnation performing an instrumental flamenco version of AIC’s “Black Gives Way To Blue”.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)