Topic: Winter Solstice

I don't do well in the cold, nor the dark.

The winter solstice is usually a celebration time for me. I invite the neighbors over. I have the rare fire in the fireplace (my wife is allergic to the ash and it's a huge deal to introduce known allergens into the house). There's usually whiskey, egg nog, and wine (sometimes mulled). Guitars are picked. Songs are sung.

Tonight, there's a pandemic on. My wife is diabetic and at high risk. I'm a big fat load and at high risk. The kids would be fine. There's tons of insurance money to keep them in frozen pizzas until they graduate college.

No neighbors. No picking and singing. No whiskey. No fire. But I'm opening a bottle of wine. And it's going to be up to my wife as to whether she participates in the emptying thereof or not. 

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Winter Solstice

Zurf
enjoy the wine,making the best of a bad situation.
maybe 2 bottles and you`d doubly make the most.
3 bottles and you`d just make a bad situation.
merry christmas     

The King Of Audio Torture

cheers Zurf, this year has knocked us all for six. i've got a 24 pack of Coors light ditto a box of Fosters and a six pack of Guiness. i don't drink much but i'll do my best..LOL

as you said it's winter solstice or the shortest day of the year, unless you live in the southern hemisphere then i presume it's the longest day?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Chateau Zurf,  the hostess of the solstice ....... hmm

Wish I was there to some pickin' with ya Derek.  And maybe help you dispose of some egg nog. 

DE     

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Way to go Zurf

celebrate the shortest day of the longest darn year ever.     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

6 (edited by Peatle Jville 2020-12-22 20:11:30)

Cheers Zurf on Christmas day I will raise my glass of adult beverage in salute to you, and all my Chordie friends and family in the  hope that everyone has a better year next year.