Topic: repetitive burnout

Ok here it is.

My son has agreed (FINALLY) to be my drummer in Dissonant Chaos.  It took another musician to say the right thing that triggered him. 
I have a virtural friend that I will hopefully meet over brake is a bass player in a hard core punk band.  He saw a vid I posted on FB of Cory and I doing SEAGULL on YouTube.  He complimented the way my son and I gelled.
asked why he wasnt my regular drummer.  I explained that prior to being 18 he felt that the age dispairit y was too weird.
so i will script the way it went.

Rafa: "Sounds good man, Kid should be your drummer"
me:  "he thinks its weird, if he is the youngest"
Rafa "You guys overthink too much, our band is 47,43,40,and 32.  Whats age other than a number and life experiences?  ITS ROCK AND ROLL MAN.  You guys sound good together so you should stick together.  Music is about chemistry as well"

show this to Cory,,,,,,

Cory replys:" Tell him I apriciate it!! And that I agree with what he said too"

Upon hearing that, Dad is like "REALLY? Does this mean you will finally be my drummer?"

He said yes, but had some concerns and I  told him "You do YOU. Keep playing with your friends, Just remember I will be open to ideas, but I cant play the way you want me to play like your new bands. So it goes both ways, accept my style and limitations, and just give me your best, and ill be open to your ideas if I can make them work"

So im pretty happy.  Still need to tell Toni she has been replaced, but i think she wont mind (she has not even made an effort to jam isnce feb! - but she will drive almost 2 hours to jam with her old band? (an they suck smh)  I need to still find a bass player and a singer.

The Lessons have helped some, but some stuff requires real talent on a voice.

With all this said, I worked 2.5 hours on one of my hardest songs to play. Not only that,  im fighting mussel memory, I repositioned a part and it keeps throwing me.

So I stopped to watch LAUGH IN season 1!

SOCK IT TO ME, SOCK IT TO ME, SOCK IT TO ME! 

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

2 (edited by Peatle Jville 2020-12-24 07:19:46)

Re: repetitive burnout

Beamer the time is right everything before that  was just orbiting around  and  has now  positioned itself well for your son who is willing and ready to be a drummer in his dads band.  Toni has being away far to long from playing  music in your band  a week can be along time let alone most of the year when your got that music passion.