1 (edited by beamer 2021-03-24 16:09:55)

Topic: Going Fishing

V1
Say what you want to say
Do what you want to do
You say you want somebody
But you don’t carry through

Ch:
Keep visiting the same old pond
Can’t you tell what’s going on?
Say you want to break away
It’s just easier to stay

V2
Mistreated and #####d over
Time and time again
chasing that bad boy
Keep repeating the same old sins

V3
What you’re trying to find
Will never happen in this state of mind
Step out of your box
You might find one who will walk the walk

Ch:
Keep visiting the same old pond
Can’t you tell what’s going on?
Say you want to break away
It’s just easier to stay

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: Going Fishing

Awesome words. Definitely about me and my love for fishing. I think you are a fisherman too. Wish you creative success.     

Good lyrics there about been stuck in a bad rut Beamer.     

I think that's a great song, knowing you the fishing theme is an analogy for you know what.
Hope you don't mind but the second verse doesn't seem quite right, may I suggest...

This chase will never end..to replace..

Keep repeating the same old sins?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I totally agree that the words are simply delicious. Cool writing style. Immediately remember my big catch last weekend     

6 (edited by beamer 2021-12-30 15:58:49)

Phill Williams wrote:

I think that's a great song, knowing you the fishing theme is an analogy for you know what.
Hope you don't mind but the second verse doesn't seem quite right, may I suggest...

This chase will never end..to replace..

Keep repeating the same old sins?

As it is with most songs, its all analogy, not an unmentionable topic, just the women who wont get out of their own way.  They keep going for the same type of guys then wonder why they cant find love. SMH.

I know this is a late, very late, reply.  Sitting here on a snow day during my brake between Christmas and New Years going through post at 0750.  been up since 545.  I took my GF to work as we now have about 10 inches of snow.

An you know,  I dont see many if any electric cars on the road. HMMMMMM.  I dont mean a Prius (it at least has a small motor).

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I totally agree that the words are simply delicious. Cool writing style. Immediately remember my big catch last weekend     

recites poetry, it’s a pity today not many are ready for this, but I want to believe in good like in this one     

like all that you know about me