1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-03-31 22:18:28)

Topic: No Lockdown Blues

Hello Chordie, I would love to hear back from people out there on this one. I have been very unwell  recently and having this song project going  with Phill has uplifted me . Phill and I wrote this and he did the music and some of the lyric and I wrote the rest of the lyrics. This track to me the way Phill recorded it has a brilliant country rock feel to it, It would mean a lot to me to get some or any feed back on this track,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPBYt2f … rt_radio=1

Re: No Lockdown Blues

Peatle

I would imagine that song reflects that you don't mind at being with your Maree under lockdown.

The song has a super rhythm to it and the lyrics send a great message.
I enjoyed that a lot. Was that your house and animals ?
Cheers to you and Phill

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

3 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-04-01 01:34:43)

Cheers Jim

It has been many months back since we have been in lockdown in this part of NZ. When we were in lockdown  being with Maree made it enjoyable for me. The photos are taken around the area of my home. The chickens belong to my friend Robert who lives about two minutes walk away. The horses belong to my grand niece and her mother. The apple tree is on the paddock next door. Phill made that song what it is by adding good lyrics to mine and also putting together a terrific backing track. Unfortunately I am not sure if my video does  justice to Phill’s  brilliant soundtrack, his sound engineering is well ahead of my video production ability. To me his arrangement is pure brilliance. People who know better than me have told me what he has done is something special on this one. The production values on it are outstanding and I feel humbled to be part of it. This is special in more ways than one as at this time I have not been very well and a bit muddled in my head and efforts to put things together. I appreciate your feedback thank you. Even in this reply I have to get Maree to help me as writing this has been an effort. I think Jim you would agree with me working with Phill is a real treat and privilege.

4 (edited by TIGLJK 2021-04-01 09:10:57)

Peatle
Agreed
Phill is not only an excellent musician, but a true humanitarian that shares his talents

I’d be quite lost without his help

Hope you feel better soon

Cheers. Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

5 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-04-01 09:27:58)

TIGLJK wrote:

Pestle
Agreed
Phill is not only an excellent musician, but a true humanitarian that shares his talents

I’d be quite lost without his help

Hope you feel better soon

Cheers. Jim

Jim I must say that you are not only an excellent songwriter you are also a true humanitarian that shares his talents.     If you get a chance check out online a short poem by  New Zealand writer Joy Cowley "The Bridge" I think  it something you can relate to and possibly even get your students to have a look at..

6 (edited by Phill Williams 2021-04-01 09:34:35)

You two need to get a room...lol
The two of you are in my humble opinion two of the most original and no nonsense writers, where I will stick any words in as long as they rhyme, you guys will search for the correct words. Ok, sometimes I have to rearrange some, but it's a great privilege and honour to work with you guys.     

The video is great Mr Spielberg! Don't do yourself down.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thank you Phill