Topic: We Were Just Friends. ( Written By Phill and Peatle)

This song is based on a true story of a young man in his teens meeting a girl  and not realizing that one day she will be his love of his life. Young man later on in life in his late twenties gets romantically involved with this same lady he met as a teenager after both had gone through a relationship that wasn't  right.. They are soul mates, best friends and lovers this time for the rest of their life. In this year 2021 this couple will be  celebrating their fortieth Anniversary. This is my story with Maree  and so as a result I sent the start of an idea some lyrics with bad singing and guitar,  to Phill Williams in the hope he could help me with  his exceptional musical talent, make a good song out of this story of me and Maree. Not only did Phill grab hold of  my initial idea perfectly, he also added better lyrics and music .His performance of this song is brilliant. Part of the reason why this song worked as it is does is  this  year is Phill and Ann's fortieth anniversary also. They met in their teens and had a very similar history as Maree and I. So this song is an amalgamation of a  couple in Wales and a couple in New Zealand love history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDqyeta301o 

Re: We Were Just Friends. ( Written By Phill and Peatle)

Peatle,

As usual, Phill sounds great. Peatle - what a beautiful story ! Congratulations to you and Maree !
Cheers many times over !

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

3 (edited by Peatle Jville 2021-04-25 06:43:42)

Re: We Were Just Friends. ( Written By Phill and Peatle)

Cheers Jim I agree Phill sounds great.  Thankyou for your good wishes. This year is Phill and Ann's fortieth anniversary also.