Topic: NGD

This is posted here for all the non FB folks.  Last Saturday (5 June 21) I picked up a new beauty.  A Guild T-Bird. P-90. here is the stock add for it:
"Based on the S-200 T-Bird reissue, the T-Bird ST P90 features the same unique, asymmetrical shape, but with a simplified feature set. Minimalist players will appreciate the added stability and reliability of a stopbar tailpiece and pared down electronic controls, while enjoying the T-Bird’s retro vibe. The dual Guild Franz P90 pickups found on the T-Bird ST P90 are perfect for the player looking for that crisp, vintage, single-coil sound, offering plenty of mid-range output that can be driven to a soaring classic rock tone. The T-Bird features a vintage C shape set mahogany neck, and bound rosewood fingerboard with mother-of-pearl block inlays. Other period-correct details include open gear vintage tuning machines, and famed asymmetrical headstock adorned with Guild’s logo and Thunderbird icon in mother-of-pearl."

While I know (thanks to Z) that the Franz pups are special and always sold out, I am having them replaced with hotter P90 pickups.  Ill hold onto them Franz set just in case, but they will probably go up for sale. (get a little money back).

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/198813447_10227526201919957_4613619453591676930_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=ikUfTwp3l3IAX_FcMht&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=879edc5ec4fe4343990d1797a23dd81c&oe=60CBB7C4 

Here is a clip of Sonbeam and myself.  Ill do the same song with the new pups and exact  same amp settings for a comparison as soon as the guitar comes back from  the shop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv4C62i5zII 

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: NGD

I think the originals had a built in stand that folded out from the back. I wonder how many headstock`s broke from using it ??     

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

I think the originals had a built in stand that folded out from the back. I wonder how many headstock`s broke from using it ??

LOL yea they did! I wouldnt trust it! its not a square base.     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

Scott that's a funky looking axe.

If it plays great - that is the whole ball of wax!

Hope you enjoy it - look forward to hearing you or " Sonbeam" rip it with that baby !

Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

5 (edited by beamer 2021-06-16 05:27:20)

TIGLJK wrote:

Scott that's a funky looking axe.

If it plays great - that is the whole ball of wax!

Hope you enjoy it - look forward to hearing you or " Sonbeam" rip it with that baby !

Jim

"Sonbeam" willl be on the drums big_smile     

She is funky SHE IS SEXY big_smile big_smile