1 (edited by beamer 2022-01-12 15:12:50)

Topic: REUNION, OF SORTS

Let me Take you on a little trip back to 1986, This budding guitarist has had 1 pos and 2 ok"ish" electrics, then had a pretty nice Ibanez Strat.

This is the year I got my very first IRS return. I went directly to my favorite (family owned even to this day) music store, looked on the small rack of "Yes Scott, we got some new stuff in this last week" guitars. I looked right at this guitar and said THAT ONE! Add a hard case and this G20C.

It all was rung up. I took out my return check ($1000) and signed it over. I was still a few hundred short.

Scott -"Put it all in the back and I'll have it all paid off in a few weeks"
Frank (Shop owner) "We know you, take the new gear and enjoy, we know you will pay it off."

NO KIDDING??  For a 18Yr old kid who loitered and played with their toys every other weekend. (I had bought 3 prior bargain used guitars from them) this meant a lot then and still does.

That my friends is how a family owned shop stays around and gets its rep. Not to mention knowing the loyal clients.
So after all that, in 1990 I was trying to be an adult on my own. I had to pawn all that gear to live. Now, 32 years later I located another one. I hope its the same beautiful pearl white as my old one.

Yes its a Nostalgia purchase. But not passing it up either!

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/271660668_10228799514231969_148048085366277869_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=2FjqRWL4WlcAX8LPrFt&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=00_AT_2e2OJNO2ziRYTKcWtse_H6IEQpp9NKgBGAi6rhZ8RPA&oe=61E1E797

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: REUNION, OF SORTS

cool story Beamer, I ordered some strings online for the time and felt bad about it later for not buying from Dana the guy who owns the music store here     

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Hi Beamer, congratulations on you reunion, but I wouldn't be doing my job if I let the semi-bad words get through...sorry.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

Hi Beamer, congratulations on you reunion, but I wouldn't be doing my job if I let the semi-bad words get through...sorry.

no worries big_smile  I did a direct copy and paste. Forgot to PG it LOL.  (But really, how many minors even bother with this page? big_smile  )

ill put something acceptable in its place.     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

Many thanx     Let us know when it arrives and how it feels and plays?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Juolengi wrote:

bad words are, first of all, an indicator of how a person is brought up, only the weak pronounce them because they are unable to express themselves normally

WOW! Did you think of that all by yourself?  Pretty sure if you were to look at any of my 2000 plus post you would see that I am very well versed.  So stop spamming and have something useful to say.     

Impressive! Your extensive track record with over 2000 posts showcases your depth of knowledge.