cast caution to the wind
you can do no wrong
but as i said before
I`ll say it one time more
old blokes on bikes
had better take care 

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: Bikes

Very amusing Brian but sadly too true! Over this end up ( UK) there seems to be a culture of wrinkly old men that couldn't afford big bikes when they were young buying them at 65 and finding they can't control them! It's all because of narrow roads and high hedges...cobblers! Nothing to do with going too fast?
As for pushbikers...my wife's cousin has been run over twice by lorries!     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Love it easybeat haha.  I could so easily visualize that and have a few interesting bike stories and experiences myself and that was before I hit my more mature years big_smile   

And I agree with you Phill about the more mature group, it seems suddenly they out there buying ELECTRIC bikes and suddenly think they are their fit young selves lol.  I have heard so many stories of people crashing and damaging themselves or others because they cant handle the speed of the electric bikes big_smile 

As for myself and before my more mature years lol, I have been known to have a few falls off my mountain bike.  Once into a gorse bush and have every thorn embed itself in my back, bum and thighs whilst my family stood around laughing themselves silly.  When they did manage to stop laughing and try to actually pull me out of the gorse bush, with me yelling out in pain as the weight of my body pushed further into the gorse bush each time they tried to lift me, would set them off into hysterical laugher again.  Needless to say when they did finally get me up, I was pretty sore.  Husband spent the next week pulling thorns out of my skin. 
Second time, my bike and I had an argument with a sharp corner and a bridge ...  the sharp corner and bridge won!  Threw me over the front of the bike and handle bars and onto the bridge which has been covered in wire mess.  I rode home with broken ribs and skin missing off my knees.
Third time and hopefully final time, said bike and myself encountered a large fern leaf branch that had fallen over in amongst the forest and over the path I was on.  The fern leaf branch decided to embed itself in my bike spokes and I came to a very sudden stop and injured my leg as I fell over side ways onto the track. 
Now I am in the mature age bracket, I have joined the ELECTRIC bike scene, hmmmm big_smile     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

as a well known poem once said Jan
``you had better take care``     

The King Of Audio Torture

5 (edited by Peatle Jville 2022-03-30 20:21:14)

Good one EB my two wheel days are well gone   though I think a nice gentle push bike cycle around Oriental Bay might be nice on a hot still sunny day.