but to no avail
he passed  that afternoon
said he`d marched all night
and carried a flag held high
served his country with pride
but from friendly fire he die
sadly another life lost
in the pursuit of what

this started as a song but i`ve kept as a poem as i wouldn`t know how to tell this story with music. 

The King Of Audio Torture

2 (edited by Peatle Jville 2022-05-26 10:12:32)

Re: Futility Of War

Eb no doubt with all the talent on chordie you could collaborate with someone and  turn this poem  into a song  by honing it ,  It could be a start to a good story also as there is a lot of mystery here with after being wounded by his own side why wasn't his wounds attended too by them. I guess this  poem is set in a historical setting.?

3 (edited by easybeat 2022-05-26 08:53:10)

P
well spotted,  as usual i haven`t a clue where this stuff comes from,but yes i did read Bernard Cornwell recently.   
thought it also applies in a recent context.I added friendly fire to make it less predictable.

The King Of Audio Torture

Brian, nice work and very topical. Cornwall's writing has inspired me also at times! Just a thought; up to and including the WW 1 men were stationed behind advancing troops and any that showed cowardice in the face of the enemy were shot there and then! Many have been exonerated since as they were branded cowards. Picture the scene;" please sir I was coming back for a pre....ugggh!"

I think you're right, I wouldn't have a clue how to make it into a song unless you could speak it with your guitar strumming chords in the background?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Well written Easybeat.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

You could use at least 3 different Metallica tunes as inspiration.

ONE
Sanitarium
and
The Day that never comes.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkNfNR1WYMY
this is the most apt and close to what you wrote.     

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)