1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2022-09-21 11:17:12)

Topic: Put Down The Phone

Here is a song called Put Down The Phone  which I hope the song tells the story in a good way in this rough recording. Thank you, Ryan, for playing the guitar for me on this one as I know it must have been hard for you to work around my weird vocal delivery and my poor guitar playing instructions. So your playing was exceptional despite me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KigxGyQ5Eoo

2 (edited by TIGLJK 2022-09-21 11:41:34)

Re: Put Down The Phone

Peatle   This is awesome ! Great insight into many problems caused by the cell phone.
I quite agree with Brian - the guitar work is fantastic and fit perfectly with your voice.
Excellent rendition, excellent lyrics, so passionate ! 
The video is great !   
Fantastic presentation , my friend ! 

Jim     

p.s. you should post the lyrics !

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

3 (edited by Peatle Jville 2022-09-22 06:57:54)

Thank you, Jim. When Ryan offered to do the guitar for me on this song, I knew he would be good despite my vocal short comings, and he delivered with his good playing. The song came about after a sweet young girl I know has ended up in hospital due to problems around her smartphone addiction causing her to have an eating disorder.  It is also an observation of mine when out and about noticing young people in groups many are focused on their devices not communicating or talking to or with each other and not seeing what's going on around them. I will put the lyrics down below of my song.

Put Down The Phone

I don’t need to be glued to a phone screen all day.

Maybe it‘s because I’m old and I‘ve  been brought up in a different way.

Hey kid can’t you see your glued to that screen all day.

It seems to me as though its taking your communication away.

I wish you could just put down the phone leave it alone for a minute or two.

Just take some time.

Just maybe have a talk or two.

Put down the phone and lets look around and roam.

Put down the phone.

There are other possibilities.

Put down the phone.

There’s lots more going on.

I know your anxious because your waiting for a call.

Your  life’s tied up on that screen.

But believe me there is more to life than stuck on that screen.

I wish you could learn to dream about other things.

And see the possibilities.

Put down the phone.

Put down the phone.

Leave it alone.

Put down the phone.

Put down the phone.

Leave it alone.

You got a lot more that you can do with your life.

There’s things out there  that you got to see.

I don’t need a phone maybe  cause its a fact of age.

But then look at me.

I’m happy.

Because I don’t need that technology.

Put down the phone.

Put down the phone.

I know it seems easy because I’m older and I don’t need that machine.

But see that’s why I’m happy.

Happy baby because I don’t need that technology.

That’s why I’m happy.

I don’t need that technology.

Put down the phone.

Put down the phone.

Put down the phone.

What a true statement and another insightful observation on today's society. Haven't heard it yet but it's bound to be good. Let you know when I've heard it.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

5 (edited by Peatle Jville 2022-09-24 07:02:20)

Thank you Piri my brawd glad the lyrics make sense.  I look forward to hearing if my rough recording which lacks a bit of polish on the vocal side, but a good guitarist works or misses the mark?

Peatle, that was very touching.  The lyrics tell the story that is so relevant today to so many young and I might add not so young people these days.  Phones, technology have taken over so much.  I think your voice totally suited this song as well, you did the song proud, and your guitarist friend was great as well.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Great recording Pedr. Almost a rap but I could listen to it and I liked the "put down the phone" chorus. Nice guitar playing too. Well done both     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thank you, Jan and Phill, for giving my rough recording a listen and comment. Here I am recording a song with a young talented guitar player who has no aspirations to be a professional musician doing an anti phone song recorded on a phone. Never thought I would use the word moderation when it comes to phones it reminds me of my mother saying to me drink alcohol in moderation  when I was young. Since my friends daughter has ended up in hospital due to her smartphone use I have become very aware of smartphone addiction in all age groups.