Topic: NBD NAD

I've been out of touch for a bit. Not sure why. I was in the habit of checking, then I fell out of the habit of checking. I'll check in with y'all in a bit.

But, today is an auspicious in the Zurf studio. It is a NBD and a NAD.  I have been wanting a Gold Tone Microbass 25 (with frets) for a long, long time.  I came across a bit of jingle in my pocket, and bought one.

It had to be ordered. Then it took a while to get it. I learned that Gold Tone sets up every instrument they ship before they ship it. It doesn't matter if they are sending it to a human who will play it or to a business who will sell it to a human who will play it. They set it up. Whatever the instrument is. I love that. That's outstanding.

Then, the business from whom I ordered it, Shenandoah Music in Winchester, Virginia who I recommend to anyone interested, ALSO makes sure that the instrument has a chance to acclimate to the local environment and then THEY set it up. Awesome, awesome, awesome. That's exceptional customer service.

I bought this bass because it plays like a guitar and sounds like an upright, and I wanted it for adding bass tracks to some songs that Jets60 wants me to record. We've collaborated a VERY very little bit. And it has been a flipping BLAST. But I really felt like I could add something to the recordings if I could put in a bass line. But everything is so Americana and so Folk that I didn't feel like a P-bass was cutting it. So that was just the final straw to the saddle that broke the camel's back to get me to buy this awesome instrument.

Then I thought, "Say Zurf, if you have this wonderful acoustic instrument, perhaps you could use it at a campfire session."  So I said to myself, "Well Zurf-me, I don't think anyone could hear it."  I then replied to me, "You have some jingle in your pocket, and it doesn't take much jingle to get a quiet portable amp."  To that I said, "Zurf...Me...I am not kind to me."  To which I laughed and laughed at myself and bought a battery powered amp to let me play my new acoustic bass, AND ALSO my thinbody archtop at a campfire session. 

Man. I do not like me very much. I am always talking me into spending our money. 

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude