Topic: Mother With The Lost Child

Mother With The Lost Child

Lying in wait, set to pounce a crazy idea.

The disorganised complexity of my mind.

Turns this crazy idea into words jumping onto a blank page.

Taking a plunge into the unfathomable depth of a reader's mind.

Do these words come to life or numb the readers minds.

Fishing lines hook into my fingers pulling them in different directions.

Thrashing away my fish fingers are unable to sink into the music in my mind.

Today dancing around will be just words not lyrics to a song.

Out of satisfaction comes dissatisfaction.

Satisfaction the mother.

Dissatisfaction the child.

How can I not love the mother with the lost child.

Not all words have a tune.

The joy of writing. 

Re: Mother With The Lost Child

Is this part 2? Again brilliant. As I know your dilemma, I think I understand the underlying thread to your wonderful poem. Well done, great work.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Peatle
Quite agree with Phill

in the words of Dylan  "keep on keeping on " !
Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thank you Piri and Jim, for your feedback. I wasn’t sure if it was a good idea to put that poem up on chordie at first as I have this thought that maybe I’m over supplying chordie with my poems.  I thought by at least by posting this poem on chordie it will be available for anyone who might be interested in my poems in the future rather than disappear altogether by not being shared in a public way. Up until now it had only been sent out to a couple of people by email in the hope that it might entertain them rather than bore them. I have had a look at contributing some of my poems to some poetry sites but none of them appealed to me.  I guess I'm overthinking it and, in the end maybe my perceptions can lead me in the wrong direction. While I'm ranting on about words here is another poem I wrote on words.

Perception

Some say the room is empty.

Even when there is only one person happy in thought.

Some say that person is lonely.

Others say that person is happy alone.

A person who sleeps most of the day even though they have had a shower and breakfast every morning.

If they stay in bed most the day some say their bedridden.

If they get up early have breakfast and a shower.

Then get on a chair and sleep most the day.

What do they call that chair-ridden.

Someone enjoying a book on a couch.

Some say they are feeding their mind.

Others call them couch potatoes.

Some feel lonely in a crowd and yet happy at home on their own.

To each their own.

Today a person called a Hermit is often considered antisocial.

In days of old becoming a Hermit was considered a legitimate pathway to salvation.

Many hermits came to be regarded as saints.

Beware of perceptions that a word can paint.     

A thought provoking powerful piece, Pedr. It just goes to show that poetry doesn't need to rhyme to strike a chord! I think I may be the subject of this work...how did you know?     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Perspective is everything. 

Jesus was missing ( at least in the bible from 12-30 years of age) does that make him  a homeless person or a vagrant ?
Yogi's are isolated for years sometimes - same thing.

Nicely written Peatle- and again I agree with Phill - poetry need not rhyme.

You really should submit you poems to magazines of websites that that accept poetry for all to see.  No sense of keeping good stuff all to yourself! smile

CHEERS !
PROST ! ( I learned this one on my European trip  smile )
Jim     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

7 (edited by Peatle Jville 2023-06-13 09:31:18)

Cheers Piri. I am enjoying your feedback. I know I have been guilty of casting negative aspersions on a person’s character which weren’t justified due to my own ignorance. No doubt most people on this planet have been guilty of that at one time or another. The first line of Perception came to me after reading an EasyBeat poem  that started with the first two lines              Empty room
                                                      But filled with light

PROST Jim

I hear that word used by my German and Swiss friends sometimes, your Europe trip would have been a very special and interesting time? Thank you for your ideas on what to do with my poems.

My assumptions can sometimes lead me to the wrong place or answer.  I always assumed that Jesus was working with Joseph as a carpenter in those missing 18 years.   Just now having looked in on google to see what that says about what’s in the Bible has made me realise its not that clear what he did in that time. Anyway it made me think of that song written by Larry Norman “The Outlaw” which talks about  how Jesus is perceived by different people.

It starts with his clever lyrics.

Some say he was an outlaw that he roamed across the land
With a band of unschooled ruffians and few old fishermen
No one knew just where he came from or exactly what he'd done

After that he has clever lyrics in the song for the other options of what people thought of Jesus.

There is a very good show that has been on TV  here in NZ recently called “The Chosen” made in the USA which is very cleverly done bringing to life the characters in the bible. It would have to be one of the best I have seen on that subject. Have you watched it?

Thank you  Jim for your input and encouragement it means a lot to me.

Pete

Peatle, I love reading your poems!  Keep them coming!  I find them thoughtful and like some of the others on here, you paint a picture with words.   Doesnt matter if its a poem, a song, it paints a picture.  KEEP ON POSTING THEM smile     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Thank you debervifan  and Jan for your encouragement.

Every word that comes out of our inner self.

Can sit on an invisible shelf turning to dust.

Or breathe life onto a page.

It can be heard by a listening ear.

Backed by silent air or filling the soul with music.

Sometimes putting our words or music out there.

Can feel like murder.

Once it's done it can't be undone.     

Very clever right there with your reply, you have a gift of writing Peatle smile     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Cheers thank you Jan. I’m glad to hear that some of the words I’m emptying out of my wheelbarrow are good.
I’ve just recently read about Arthur Stace aka Mr Eternity a humble cleaner who could barely write. He became famous for using one word “Eternity”  in a copper script chalked on hard surfaces around Sydney to get his message across. In 2001 the Sydney City Council Trademarked his Eternity” script in order to protect it from indiscriminate commercial use. Arthur life has been written about in a  book. It got me thinking maybe all it takes sometimes is one good word to get a story or message across. I recommend people check out the Arthur Stace story. People such as the famous street artist Banksy have used Arthur script “Eternity” in their works. A short tv thing about Arthur attached.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EMAdvqbkkE     

Peatle

That is an amazing story !   WOW !!!!

So Cool

Thank you for sharing this - I enjoyed it immensely.
Cheers
Jim     

Thank you Jim I love the fact that a working-class character like Arthur Stace humble cottage he lived in is now a tourist attraction. A place where people go to from all over the world to write on the footpath outside in chalk the word eternity. All these years after his death in 1967 people still remember him.