Topic: here is my contribution to the revival

playing around with new acoustic amp and mic  to do some open mic nights around town ,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC9hBulJysc 

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Re: here is my contribution to the revival

Mojo
thanks for adding to revival.i cant do this all by myself.
really enjoyed your performance,love the voice!     

The King Of Audio Torture

Good to hear you back recording mojo.  Your sounding good as always.  Wishing you all the best for the open mic nights around town.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Mojo your sounding good. Wishing you all the best on your open mic nights.     

5 (edited by TIGLJK 2023-06-30 11:10:49)

Mojo

That song is awesome !  Your voice and playing are great as usual.

I still think it would be a great fit - you would be the man to sing that song I wrote ( if you ever get the time).
[When The Magnolias Bloom Again]

Do you play just around Nacogdoches ?
Have you ever played in Austin ?

On a side note Mojo, as a Texan - I thought you'd like this .....  I was on a cruise in Europe a few weeks ago and one of the women on the cruise was from Austin - a seventh generation Texan.  Her great,great, great grandfather was Jesse Billingsly - a soldier that fought at the battle San Jacinto. If you look at the picture of Houston and his men as Santa Anna surrendered, - he the guy over Santa Anna's right shoulder.  Here is link to the picture (enlarge it to see numbered men and names)  https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531 … 0309/m1/1/
It was really cool to meet her...

It was so cool to talk to her about it.

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

still love your laid back style Mojo, great song. Will you film your performances? You're sure to get good reactions.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

still love your laid back style Mojo, great song. Will you film your performances? You're sure to get good reactions.     

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

thanks Jim if i get some spare time  i will give it a go for you.

cool story about the lady from Austin . i am 8 or 9 generation Texan as well. great great  etc. grandfather came here in 1830,s . very interesting story in Texas history he was involved in if your interested i can send you a link to it 

TIGLJK wrote:

Mojo

That song is awesome !  Your voice and playing are great as usual.

I still think it would be a great fit - you would be the man to sing that song I wrote ( if you ever get the time).
[When The Magnolias Bloom Again]

On a side note Mojo, as a Texan - I thought you'd like this .....  I was on a cruise in Europe a few weeks ago and one of the women on the cruise was from Austin - a seventh generation Texan.  Her great,great, great grandfather was Jesse Billingsly - a soldier that fought at the battle San Jacinto. If you look at the picture of Houston and his men as Santa Anna surrendered, - he the guy over Santa Anna's right shoulder.  Here is link to the picture (enlarge it to see numbered men and names)  https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531 … 0309/m1/1/
It was really cool to meet her...

It was so cool to talk to her about it.

Jim

out of tune out of key and out of touch

9 (edited by TIGLJK 2023-07-02 12:06:14)

Mojo - that is awesome - send me the story about your family love to read about it.     

p.s.   your description is great   ... " the revival"

EB - I think instead of the " Bombard"  I like Mojo's description - we should call all this the " Chordie Revival "  !  smile

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke