Topic: bands that dont stick with the usual instruments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WfM1P7LPmk

pretty well all rock bands have the same line up of instruments.
this band were not afraid to throw everything but the kitchen sink into their music.
live this song had a amazing spoon solo. 

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: bands that dont stick with the usual instruments

Noel Crombie use to get the crowd going when he did his spoon dance and solo' with Split Enzs.     

It reminds of this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

which my grandkids introduced me to while dancing around my kitchen     

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

easybeat, I remember going to see Splizt Enz Live years ago at the Founders Theatre in Hamilton, back then their costumes were amazing along with their musical talent. 

Peatle, whilst I hadn't seen that version of that song, I know the song.   I remember the very first time I heard the song, I thought they were saying another word that starts with the letter F instead of 'fox'.  Took me a little while to work it out that they were singing 'Fox' back then.     

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

5 (edited by Peatle Jville 2023-07-03 12:21:04)

Hi Jan,  my 102-year-old mother had a habit of saying for fish sake when I think she means for Fox sake. But now her mind is going and even though she s  a good Christian lady the other word has crept into her vocabulary.    The first time I heard and saw Split Enz was at the great Ngaruawahia Music Festival it was the first large outdoor music festival in New Zealand. It was held on a farm at Ngāruawāhia on the Waikato River, 19 kilometres north-west of Hamilton, for three days from 6 to 8 January 1973. Easy Beat was part of the group that I went up to the music festival with. Anyway I thought they were great but unfortunately they didn’t go down well with the crowd and were boo of the stage and   they had missiles thrown at them by thugs in the crowd dangerous objects like beer bottles. . They also got a bad write up in the press.  The band which I didn’t enjoy at that festival that got a good write up in the press and the crowd loved them was Black Sabbath   A few years later Split Enz  became very popular and there were plenty who wanted to see and hear them. Back then their stage costumes and stage show was ahead of its time. Ngaruuawahia was also my  first introduction to  a band I loved called  Fairport Convention.  Fairport do a song called Rosie it is a song that is one of my all time favorite songs.