Topic: another minor hit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB9wL4m77iM

love this track 1968 

The King Of Audio Torture

2 (edited by Peatle Jville 2023-07-06 04:49:10)

Re: another minor hit

Good one Eb . That’s good how bands like this in 1968  managed to take an iron to reggae music and take out some of the creases and turn it into a smooth sound using a pumping horn section to drive it along. 1968  when I think about it back then was most probably when the sound of reggae started to show up on my horizons. No Bob Marley or Rastafarians with dreadlocks just clean cut West Indian guys with short hair pushing out this type of music and long haired white guys and maybe some black people with afros and log haired black Americans adapting it to their sound, Don't forget also a photo of many of the famous people in that era with a cigarette in their hands not a joint was common thing to see on posters and so on.
It was cool in those days to have movie and music stars photographed with a cigarette. Subliminal marketing of products bad for your health has been around for years though I guess it wasn't meant to be a way of promoting tobacco back then. Before being exposed to reggae the Caribbean sound to me meant calypso but maybe my memory is wrong. Here is an example of a song attached of what I mean of what I remember as my intro to reggae.     
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxtfdH3-TQ4

Peatle
oh yeah i remember that one.Desmond Decker.
hey me old mate we seem to be having our usual conversation in public.
we used to have these conversations on email,not sure anyone is enjoying listening to us.
although there seem to be lots of numbers on chordie that appear to have read posts.
im not sure if the numbers are accurate? why would you be a voyeur and not comment?     

The King Of Audio Torture

4 (edited by Peatle Jville 2023-07-06 07:53:32)

EB it's been a positive experience what you have done over the last few days, There has been a handful of others joining in which has been real good. It would be good to hear from other people.
I'm not sure what those numbers of views are about do people read this or skim over it have a quick read and leave and flick over to other things on the net?     You still got to next Monday to go on your mission let's see if more come on board. Now imagine if the Police arrested me for being the right person to put my posts on chordie. Would they get enough evidence for me to be charged with this crime????

5 (edited by Peatle Jville 2023-07-06 20:42:59)

Now imagine if the Police arrested me for being the right person to put my posts on chordie. Would they get enough evidence for me to be charged with this crime????

My explanation for Police arrest me question.  ( Now imagine if the Police arrested me for being the right person to put my posts on chordie. Would they get enough evidence for me to be charged with this crime????) How does Peatle plead  before the judge. Not guilty your  honour I'm not the right person to post on chordie.
Obviously that is a silly question with no right answer above and there is no real answer of knowing if when we post what sort of impact it has.. The answer for me is most probably not enough evidence to make me guilty but that doesn’t take away from me and everyone else who does post for trying to have some sort of impact on at least one other persons life.

With that in mind doing this isn’t a crime anyway so people should post even if the audience might be small and feedback very little. The most important thing is no one gets hurt giving it a go it only happens if we all make it happen.