Topic: im new!!

Hey guys and girls ive just got the hang of the acustic and i was woundering if there were any EASY songs tht i could learn, but well known ones so i dont sound like a fool....and suggesgstions please help big_smile

thanks
charlie

Re: im new!!

Hello Charlie,
Welcome to chordie. You've made a wise choice for furthering your song knowledge. As you can see, chordie has around a million songs to choose from. Without knowing specifically what genre of music you're into, it'd be tough recommending songs for you to learn. One of the most useful tools in learning a song is loving the song one is learning. Brouse around some of the songbooks other  members have assembled. The songbooks are a neatly organized collection of some darn good tunes, usually.

Best Regards,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Welcome to Chordie
Go to public songbooks and put beginner guitar and you should find lots of stuff that YOU like
stick to the 3 or 4 chord tunes and you will progress .
Remember have fun when you play and again practice practice practice
Cheers
Another south paw player

howdy charlie smile welcome to chordie.
  check out the beginner song books on the public books section, and then you know most country you can play along with pretty easily. I'd reccomend Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, (SOME Hank Jr), Merle Haggard. They mostly play in E,F,G or C (then you can always capo).
If you're wanting leads for acoustic check Shinedown's acoustic version of .45 (its here on chordie) sounds pretty sweet and its really simple

All You Need is Love smile