Topic: original gibson les paul custom 1968

Can someone help me.
I have a ORIGINAL GIBSON LES PAUL 1968, NO REISSUE, the real thing.
The problem is, because I had already a Gibson Les Paul custom, 1978, I tried to bring back the 1968 custom, back to the custom early fifties.
You had a choice: black P-90 pick ups, and later they used 3 PAF's.
So I changed  the pick ups, in a guitar store, being watching, how they changed them with P-94, to fit in the humbucker cavity.
They put the original pick ups in a strong plastic box.
- What kind of humbuckers were these: PAF's or not
- When my ex-girlfriend left me 2 years ago, I noticed that there was no box left. My only hope is that they are still on the attick, but due to my disability I can't verifie it.
- I have the impression that this , I repeat, ORIGINAL 1968 US GIBSON BLACK LES PAUL CUSTOM, is worth quit a lot of money. But even with the P-94's, I don't regret that I changed, because the sound is amazing, this guitar will keep a reasonable price, but if I can find the original pick-ups, humbuckers, it would be a very expensive guitar.
Has someone an idea about the price, with the original humbuckers?
And if I don't find the pick-ups, where can I find these 1968 humbuckers?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: original gibson les paul custom 1968

You are right, but with out the original pickups the guitar might drop in price! But if you're not planning to sell it, then the guitar is worth as much as you feel its worth to you! I never buy a guitar and sell them anymore, the foolishness of what I did when I was a teenager would blow your mind! I bought a white 1968 custom Lp in 1969 for $359.00 it's probably worth anywhere to $15000.00 now! And I traded it for a guild I think it was a D25 I could be wrong! that was a almost 40 years and alot of drugs ago! Now I buy guitars and keep them because I like them and love playing them! I think there is a place in Hoboken,New Jersey that might have original '68 humbuckers. I will see if I can find out the name of the place! I used to have they're number because I don't know how but when my uncle died, his son (my cousin) didn't know what to do with his Gibson 175D 1960 so I sold it for him and the people you need to be in touch with contacted me! How they got my number I don't know but he wanted to buy just the pickups he wasn't very interested in the single cutaway beauty my uncle played Jazz and Swing with for some many years! But I'll ask around but I believe you my be looking at something in the neighberhood of $2000.00 for each or for both I'm not sure! I'll try to get back to you on that!

Re: original gibson les paul custom 1968

Phil,

How much do you want or need for the Paul? Do you want top dollar or at lease a profit from the original price you paid? These questions only you can answer. It's your guitar and only you can put that price tag on it. Try these sites and as mentioned by "Joey E" be prepaired to pay at least 20 to 25% of the guitars current value for the pickups.  www.rareguitarparts.com & www.vintagecheckout.com

Bootlegger.