Topic: wah pedal - Any users out there - what do you think?

Just brought a Boss Wah pedal with inbuilt effects -
Cannot wait too try it out tonight-FOXY LADY!

"It's all about the Calluses, once you got them, you can't get rid of em!"

Re: wah pedal - Any users out there - what do you think?

Hello ziggystardust, concerning the pedal you bought, I wanted to know what kind of effects are build in.
I use sometimes a wah pedal, but mine are included in the floorboards I have.
I have a zoom 8080, and a Line6 pod XT live floorboard. I remember my brother had a wah pedal 30 years ago.
He sold it, he even sold a quit good and strong amp at that time: KUSTOM, sold it too. He owns also a Fender 25th anniversary, which I really like to compare. I was convinced that this was a good investment, but it's not.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I also have a Zoom effects Floorboard. The wah effect is good for accenting some songs that I play in church.

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

It always surprises me how many people are playing=going to church.
Here in Belgium, Europe, the churches are, it seems hard what I say, getting more and more empty. I am a Catholic (at least I was baptised), but not longer practising. My job as Medical Doctor Generalist  gave me a lot of satisfaction. But I had to stop, because of the sequels of a car crash. It is really amazing, and I think it is happening more and more, so we can not speak about a "fashion" to go to Rome, the Pope..
I know that there are more religions in the USA than in the whole world (same with lawyers). But how do you handle, react, when you see all these things going wrong? GOD= ALLAH, there is one big difference, they consider Jesus as a prophet. But reading the Bible and the Koran, there is not so much difference. Personnaly, I believe in REINCARNATION.
I see a lot of topics where people ask advise concerning guitars, amps, all for the church.
I will make a topic in the "chat-corner" about this "fascinating" subject.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I occasionally play with a wah pedal but i find it difficult to get the timing of the foot right - unlike distortion it is quite a subtle effect

I am beginning to get the hanhg of it by listening to tracjs which use Wah

my favorite tracks are "tales of brave ulysesses" by cream

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rHMCfEhdX … mp;search=

I also like the theme from shaft by Issac Hayes  which has a very different effect.

gitaardocphil wrote:

It always surprises me how many people are playing=going to church.
Here in Belgium, Europe, the churches are, it seems hard what I say, getting more and more empty. I am a Catholic (at least I was baptised), but not longer practising. My job as Medical Doctor Generalist  gave me a lot of satisfaction. But I had to stop, because of the sequels of a car crash. It is really amazing, and I think it is happening more and more, so we can not speak about a "fashion" to go to Rome, the Pope..
I know that there are more religions in the USA than in the whole world (same with lawyers). But how do you handle, react, when you see all these things going wrong? GOD= ALLAH, there is one big difference, they consider Jesus as a prophet. But reading the Bible and the Koran, there is not so much difference. Personnaly, I believe in REINCARNATION.
I see a lot of topics where people ask advise concerning guitars, amps, all for the church.
I will make a topic in the "chat-corner" about this "fascinating" subject.

It is getting harder and harder to walk the straight path as the days pass.
Many have fallen by the wayside.
Many straddle the fence.
Many have turned their backs.

The rest of us must persist until the return.

=\
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Thanks for reply postings - I got my Wah, had too travel kms to get it.There was a bomb threat on a bus on my way there.All this for a wah pedal,it's pretty cool it has great sampling of some famous pedals of all time ( The main man Jimi is featured in one, another is a vox wah ) I might create a riff based on terrorist threats, come up with a wall of wah sounding effects that scream;tormented by the happenings in the world.It is a pretty unique sound the old Wah - White room is a fine example, I alo love Jimi's use - I sure the stone roses guitarist used it once too.I can sort of picture it's use in a Smashing Pumpkins ...Gish sort of sound.

"It's all about the Calluses, once you got them, you can't get rid of em!"

Was that the bomb threat how that guy wrestled the driver and said there was a bomb on board when he heard on the radio that it was the anniversary of the september 11 attacks, I saw it on the news.

[url=http://www.myspace.com/rdxfunk]www.myspace.com/rdxfunk[/url]