Topic: Ron Paul!

Hi
i was on Chordies Facebook tonight, as i could not bear to watch any more
of our Irish Rugby Team getting  the A La Carte" Knocked out of them by the French!

Ron Paul is running some of his Campaign through Facebook? Is this a normal
procedure with American Politics?.   I know some people are not pleased as the language is choice in some of the answers! Just wondered what you guys thought?

Slán

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Re: Ron Paul!

In American politics, candidates will use any method they can to get their face and message in front of the electorate.  We don't have state funding for elections, so each candidate has to raise their own money.    This leads to lots of them using things like facebook and mySpace, as it's cheap, and reaches a lot of people.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Old Doll,

Don't know Ron Paul, but I watched a replay of the Irish/French game this morning. That was a friggin travesty as far as I'm concerned! I reckon the French take lessons from the Italian soccer team (I'm referring of course to that bogus penalty Italy received against Oz in the soccer world cup!). How many times should the trainers be allowed to take to the field (i.e. interfere with the flow of the game), I ask you? And did you notice the French management looking on in disbelief at some of the penalties being awarded to them? Not to mention the players taking a wee peek to see if the ref was going their way. Ffffff.... argh.

50 technical kicks in the first half alone and only the Gods know how many times (was it White?) blew his whistle! They are worse than the Poms for slowing down a game. The Irish couldn't get any momentum at all. You got robbed. Sin-bining a guy for crossing the plane during a line out (OK not for the 1st time I'll grant) at that point in a game!!, and if the ball had been thrown in straight the players wouldn't have to cross the plane in the first place.... the commentators down here were applauding Chabbal for his performance in the lineouts and yet he's notorious for his inability to jump...."Uh, maybe because he didn't have to in this game?"

Let's hope you guys can get out of the doldrums and beat Argentina (with a bonus point), though they can milk a penalty better than anyone else... we have been on the receiving end of their shinnanigans (?) on more than one occasion.

Having said all that. The Irish management better extract their digits I think. They do have a bit to answer for.

Fingers crossed.

Now about Scotland, and of course, Oz...... smile

Alec

ALL BLACKS....................................................................:COOL:

"If You Always Do What You've Always Done - You'll Always Get What You've Always Got !"

Fáilte AlecinOz,

Oh My Land, Oh My love, what a Woe and how Deep..

{ James Clarence Mangan}

The Cockerels came home to roost alright! and in such a clinical manner.
Even the statues here were crying! they need to get more then there fingers out.?
Do you know there is or was great snobbery here in The Rugby Circuit.
in Dublin anyway, kinda considered a yuppie game for years. While in The County of Limerick its considered the working mans game. This is not meant to be offensive to Limerick people. I have had  many good times in the Shanagolden Area. James Clarence Mangan Country..

Now Alec, more to the point how would you feel about this?

Our National Anthem is Amhrán Na Bhfiann. {Ow-rawn nul vee-yunn}.
A Soldiers Song..

The latest here in Rugby is to play a song called "Irelands Call "

One or two players, from other parts, alledgely refuse to stand to our National Anthem.
So they have adopted this song.. I find this is Policital Correctness gone nuts!!

Any where i ever was i stood and gave there Anthem my utmost respect.
I am after all a visitor in there country.
We have had a huge influx of foreigners to our Isle in the last few years, all very welcome i might add... But the Muslims and others are now demanding we take our religious icons down? as they find them offensive?  They are here in Our land. Bring your own and add to ours, but dont try to subtract ours that we strove so hard to keep as part of our unique identity..
Can any of you out there imagine being deprived of your National Anthem.

The All Blacks have Samoans, { As the Don fella keeps reminding us of }
They not only learn the haka, but the New Zealand Anthem as well. and sing it with the utmost respect. Our Anthem is ours. Insist on singing it with or without consent. They cannot silence thousands of people in a Stadium.
At the end win lose or draw, sing Ireland Call. I have, love the tune! But its not my Anthem..
Look what you started Alex? Have to go now, 1oo crab cakes waiting to be made for my sons house warmer tonight, where there will be plenty of Shenanigans. No doubts!.
Slán down under. good luck in the Rugby" we havent a snowballs chance in hell.

Old Doll.

Can't say I know or care much about sports - mostly just guys in colorful matching outfits running around and getting all sweaty before they all go and shower together.

However, I do agree with Old Doll regarding national anthems.  Mutual respect should be shown by players and fans.  Lyrics to 'The Star Bangled Banner' were set to a drinking song and it is a great howler of a song with several verses - but the first is the only one people ever sing (ufortunately).

Here is my favorite anthem because it is about how all people are united by respect.  Plus it is set to one of the all-time great melodies:

Hymn  For Nationstune; from Beethoven's 9th Symphony, 4th movement “Ode to Joyâ€

Anthem of the European Union (several versions exist in different languages)

[G]Brother [Am]shout [G]your [D]country`s [G]an-[D]them,

[G]sing your [D]land`s un-[G]dying [D]fame,

[G]light the [Am]won-[G7]drous [C]tale of [G]na-[D]tions

[G]with your [D]peo-[G]ple`s [D]golden [G]name.

[D]Tell your [G]fathers` [D]noble [G]story,

[D]raise on [G]high [D]your [Em]coun-[A]try`s [D]sign.

[G]Join then [Am]in [G]the [D]final [G]glo-[Am]ry,

[G]brother [D]lift [G]your [D7]flag with [G]mine.

. . . . . .

[G]Hail the [Am]sun [G]of [D]peace now [G]ri-[D]sing,

[G]hold the [D]war clouds [G]ever [D]furled.

[G]Blend your [Am]ban-[G7]ners, [C]oh, my [G]bro-[D]ther,

[G]in the [D]rain-[G]bow [D]of the [G]world.

[D]Red as [G]blood and [D]blue as [G]heaven,

[D]wise as [G]age [D]and [Em]proud [A]as [D]youth,

[G]melt your [Am]co-[G]lours, [D]wonder [G]wo-[Am]ven,

[G] in the [D]great [G]white [D7]light of [G]truth.

. . . . .

[G]Build the [Am]road [G]of [D]peace be-[G]fore [D]us,

[G]build it [D]wide and [G]deep and [D]long.

[G]Speed the [Am]slow,[G7] re-[C]mind the [G]ea-[D]ger,

[G]help the [D]weak [G]and [D]guide the [G]strong.

[D]None shall [G]push a-[D]side a-[G]nother,

[D]none shall [G]let a-[Em]no-[A]ther [D]fall,

[G]work be-[Am]side [G]me, [D]oh, my [G]bro-[Am]ther,

[G]all for [D]one [G]and [D7]one for [G]all.

. . . . .

[G]Brother [Am]shout [G]your [D]country`s [G]an-[D]them,

[G]sing your [D]land`s un-[G]dying [D]fame,

[G]light the [Am]won-[G7]drous [C]tale of [G]na-[D]tions

[G]with your [D]peo-[G]ple`s [D]golden [G]name.

*[D]Tell your [G]fathers` [D]noble [G]story,

[D]raise on [G]high [D]your [Em]coun-[A]try`s [D]sign.

[G]Join then [Am]in[G]the [D]final[G]glo-[Am]ry,

[G]brother [D]lift [G]your [D7]flag with [G]mine.

*Ending: repeat last 4 lines

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Hi James,
Imagine i am part of the European union, and never knew this information?

ie. thoses words?

Yes! I do know "Ode To Joy" very well. So  Another diamond from that mind

of yours! Are you sure your Human James?  Gonna print this. It will make a great conversation piece tonight.

Thank You.

Old Doll.