Topic: Acoustic Jack Johnson

Hi i want to learn an easier way to play Jack Johnson's strumming songs like Upside Down, Sitting Waiting Wishing and Flake. Also I would like to know if there are some other artists who are like Jack Johnson but they're songs are really easy to play:D

Re: Acoustic Jack Johnson

problem there is that if you use simplified chords it wont sound like jack johnson
there are a couple of good lessons on youtube - the chords aren't too tricky

I am playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the right order! [Eric Morecombe]

Hey man! Jacks one of my favorites! Sitting waiting wishing and Times like these are both fairly easy to play the way he plays them. I'll be happy to offer any assistance I can if you wish. You may want to try some Ben Harper especially Steal my Kisses (only g d c) I'll go through my songbooks and offer a few more suggestions a little latter this evening. Peace!

Better Together is also fairly simple as far as chords go but the rythym takes a little practise to get tight...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

hate to sound like broken record but practice practice practice and listen listen listen wink and if you're not into that try some Damien Rice or like Pix said Ben Harper. Also there's a not very well known group called youth group that has a couple Jack Johnson sounding tunes. Good Luck!

::kori::

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

hey this song reminds me of jack johnson, i dont really know very many of his songs but heres the TAB:
---------------------------------------------------5--5--------------------------------3--3--------------------------------5--5-------------------ll
---------------------------------------------------5--5--------------------------------3--3--------------------------------5--5-------------------ll
----------------------------------7----------------6--6--------------------------------4--4--------------------------------6--6-------------------l:
--------------------------7-/-9------9--7--5-----7--7--------------------------------5--5--------------------------------7--7--------------------l:
---------------5--7--5----------------------------7--7------7-/-9---7--5------------5--5-----5-/-7-----5---0-----------7--7---------5--7--5--ll
------5-/-7------------------------------------5--5--5----------------------------3--3--3--------------------------------5--5----5-/-7----------ll