Topic: I'm in love!!

So I head over to Sam Ash Music at lunch yesterday to play guitars I'll never be able to afford.  I'm having fun playing this Taylor made out of solid Koa...impressing everyone with my flawless CDG pattern, when my friend / salesperson Pete says "you're a Laravee fan, you have to check out this guitar we just got in".
Then I saw her from across the room--and it was love before I even touched her.  This thing is a 40th aniversery guitar, they only made 40 of them.  Top is spruce from a 3,000 year old tree grown high in the hymalayas (don't kow how to spell that...but I made it up anyway, so it's not important).  Rosewood back & sides.  Pearl inlays...not too much, classy like all their insturments.  No electronics--straight accustic bliss.  $2,500.  I'll never take her home, but I might visit her again at lunch today...I think she likes me!

Re: I'm in love!!

You're flirting with financial ruin.  But you'd have a very fine guitar collection!

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thing is, I had to have a new driveway poured yesterday---I had absolutely the worst driveway in the neighborhood.  Anyway, the cost?  You guessed it $2,500 bucks. 
Should have gone with the guitar.

Let's see here, it's a conundrum;
Do I want the ugliest driveway on the block and the prettiest guitar?
Or do I want the prettiest driveway on the block and no guitar?Hmmmm....

You gotta do what you gotta do..............

Give everything but up.

25Frankster, fellow chordian. I really like to help you, because I am a collector, better I was until 2006. I had real luck to buy those pearls. BUT: I 've got a nasty car accident back in 2000, started again working, got a nice amount of money, which helped me a lot of course.
Today, I still receive $$$$, but being an independent, I was "punished" by social security and taxes.
I am surfing a lot on the internet since I "had" to stop working as MD. So, all possible information about guitars I can find, I put it right here on CHORDIE. I have a topic about (it takes a lot of time to look it up and to compare) "cheap(er) acoustic and electric guitars.. I am living in Belgium, EUROPE, and at the moment our € is very high: we get 1400$ for 1000€. Advise: did you check the price of your dream guitar on eBay? I had fantastic opportunities to buy a few collectors guitars, play and collect. More and more people start to collect guitars. I remember the people laughing because you can not play on 2 guitars at the same time. I realise more and more that I was blessed to have this opportunity, and I really would love that everybody has such an opportunity. It is always better to save more money and get you a nice guitar, than buying one immediately. I don't know much about Larrivee, but I will look on a few sites as well on eBay.

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: LE BEAUJOLAIS EST LARRIVEE

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Here's the web site if anyone wants to take a look.  One difference; the one I played had the larrivee signature inlaid in perl at the twelfth fret--the slideshow on the website doesn't mention that.
http://www.larrivee.com/2_Main/main.html

And about the driveway--seriously, I was worried about kids tripping & falling during halloween so I HAD to bite the bullet and get it done.  Funny feeling when the driveway is worth more than the car you park on it!