Topic: Which album is on your player this week?

Anyone like to share which album you are into this week - don't have to be a new one.

I'm enyoying

Sheryl Crow -  Wildflower

because I picked it up in the library on a whim (haven't listened to her stuff in the last 5 years) and was surprised at the quality of the songs - I like the title track a lot and keeps me calm in the traffic jam to work. Seems like there are some good tunes to have a go at on the old acoustic.

I am playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the right order! [Eric Morecombe]

Re: Which album is on your player this week?

new band called Red--End of Silence is their debut album.  Hard to clasify them; hard core / rock with some insustrial / alt / classical (they are not afraid of strings) thrown in for good measure. 
GuitarDoc--you need to play them through your fender cybertwin--the windows would shake my friend!

I got a good one!

Los Lonely Boys" Live at the Fillmore"

These guys can flat out play! Their vocal harmonies are stellar as well. I saw them open up for Santana a few years ago so I know there's no recording engineering trickery goin' on.
Henry(guitar), JoJo(bass), and Ringo Garza(drums), all brothers, make up this fine 3 piece band of Tex-Mex blues at it's finest.

Give everything but up.

album?
I would have to say albums
John prine anthology great days, double cd. Drumming all the songs into me before the gig next Sunday.
Also Janes Addiction " up among the catacombs" a "the best of" from them
And another cd that I made up myself with  Proclaimers, Saw doctors, pogues, corries, great big sea, the Jam, slf, alarm.

And in the house I am listening right now to Pete Townsehend and Ronnie Lanes Album from the late 70's  "rough Mix"  Superb Album!!!!

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

right now, the Clash - Give 'em enough rope

this morning, The best of Motorhead

yesterday, Status Quo - essential Quo.

Oh and nice one Ken for mentioning the Saw Doctors, I saw them live about 14 years ago in Bristol, great gig.

regards

David

I've been listnin' to my Waylon Jennings- Essentials alot lately, and Shooter Jennings Put the O back in COuntry

All You Need is Love smile

I've been listening to alot of diffrent stuff recently...My 2 favorites so far for the day are http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmbcOpPvQGk   and   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgyh-5EQHjg    These stay in my head...lol

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

8 (edited by johncross21 2007-10-09 21:05:47)

Soundgarden "A" sides

starting listening to audioslave recently and now working backwards

Soundgarden were one of the bands I would have listened to in the nineties were I not listening to Nirvana and Pearl Jam instead

I saw Green Day at Milton Keynes a while back now and I've listened to the American Idiot album at least once a week since then. I'm 39, does this make me weird?  I haven't had that much interest in any album since I discovered Pink Floyds' Wall in '79

x

I'm the son of rage and love

Just purchased( yes, I'm one of the few people living that actually pay money for artists' work) Keb Mo's "Peace, Back By Popular Demand". It's mostly 60's and 70's cover peace tunes. Played it on the way home, kickin' awesome CD!!!It's got The Times are a Changin', What's so Funny 'bout Peace Love and Understanding, Imagine, and For What it's Worth just to name a few. Keb Mo really does great justice to cover songs. He recreates a tune and makes it seem like his own. Keb is the smooth of all that is,was, and will ever be, smooth.......

Give everything but up.

last couple of days it's been John Cambelljohn, Some great east coast blues, also some Elmore James, Sonny Boy Williamson,  and Buddy Guy's "Damn Right I Got The Blues".
Seem's I can't get enough blues.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

12 (edited by Zurf 2007-10-12 20:09:28)

Jimmy Buffett "Beaches" from his Beaches, Bars, Boats, and Ballads box set.  Bob Marley's "Legend" is probably the most played CD I have.  I have also been listening to Randy Travis' "Glory Train" and "Passing Through". 

- Zurf (edited b/c I used my name from another forum)

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

A new day brings a new CD in the ole CD player. Today it's "One Step Closer" by String Cheeese Incident.  www.stringcheeseincident.com

This is a 2005 release and my personal favorites on the CD are track #2;Sometimes A River and track #9;45th of September.

Great diversity and excellent musicianship with these guys. Their songs are very deep, philisophically, and broad topic content ranging from astronomy to fishing. Good trippy stuff!

Give everything but up.

ok, changed again,
Still listening to John Prine but I am hooked on
"UP" from Great big sea
not a bad song on it, not a boring song on it, even the slow lovey dovey song is superb.
folky, rocky, jamming upbeat feel good superb album.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hello Sumelton1, a question, can we make this topic together? Not because of my sudden promotion, but I was without seeing your topic, writing this morning a similar topic titled NEW ALBUMS. I wrote about "fresh and new" recent albums, in this case: the brandnew John Fogerty album REVIVAL and also the new Springsteen: magic. Including the fact of a possibility to discuss and talk about songs. As you know, talking or writing about new albums is very subjective. It is far more difficult to stay objective, because there are some groups I don't like, and others I like. Better: you don't like an album, but you are "in love" with only 1 track?
Shall I join yours? Your topic has a far more nice title, but can I do a suggestion: keep the title and add maybe : Which NEW album is on your player this weeks, far more better than my title.
It is always a real good IDEA to see what's new this week or this month, I will delete my topic and place it in your topic.
Where do you live in "North Europe", I am from Belgium.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I know  this is a really interesting topic, and it is  it is related to chordie, because of the music.
On my player this week the following BRAND NEW ALBUMS
JOHN FOGERTY "REVIVAL"
It is an album, in my opinion, the closest to CCR, he ever made: swamp blues, country, folk, soul and rock (even some country music jazz gospel together on "the river is waiting'. It is like he is closing a "nasty period" after one of the most stupid things ever occurred in music record industry, (the other was Michael Jackson having the rights of Beatles-songs): no rights on his songs on the Fantasy label followed by trials. The funny thing is that he signed again a contract with Fantasy (impossible if he didn' get a phenomenal contract) 1 song on the album is track 3: creedence song (an amazing persiflage of the old CCR songs, and the Album title is REVIVAL. To hear it go to amazon.com. IT IS ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS THIS YEAR, IF NOT THE BEST, especially for CCR fans.
It is far the best album, softer voice and the "real familiar catchy tunes) ALREADY A CLASSIC for me.

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN MAGIC
An album with the E street band (do I hear the soprano's?) and probably his best album since THE RIVER, but did "the boss" make bad albums? Probably yes, but there are always some good songs on it. Magic is more the BRUCE we know, a PROBABLY CLASSIC ALBUM

ABOUT OTHER AND OLDER ALBUMS.-
- Great stuff from the Netherlands: GOLDEN EARRING.
- THE WHO: releasing more and more "DE LUXE" albums: MY GENERATION, WHO'S NEXT, again popular thanks to CSI, like You wont get fooled again, and Baba 'O reilly

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Foo Fighters latest album is getting some serious airplay in my pad. As is Amy MacDonald. smile

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

Every so often I need a shot of Pink Floyd's early music so I'm listening to Ummagumma.

Hey Hey My My Rock and Roll will never die!

This week mine are,
Pure Guitar Moods, 4 CDs with Songs like "Being with You "Smokey Robinison
Hotel California, Dock of the Bay, I want to know what love is, There are
a total of 40 songs played on these cds.

Josephine Baker, Allison Moorer and Good Old Tina Turners "Private Dancer" are always to hand.
loads more! some i havent even listened to yet! Shame. Shame!.

House of the Rising Sun" is actually playing now from my PC.
Such a good song". Would anyone like to Dance?      "God i was nearly killed in the that rush!!  Lol.

Slán

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

As I wrote already: THE NEW JOHN FOGERTY, SPRINGSTEEN.
There is a reissue from The piper at the gates of dawn" 40th anniversary pink floyd, and Foo Fighters: Echoes, silence, patiece and grace. Those guys are getting bigger and bigger.
It won't surprise me that they are starting to become the most poular band.

Last night I put on an old album I havent heard in a long time it was Dutch Mason's "Prime Minister Of The Blues" music that'll make you feel good. Also did a few country albums, Merle Haggard's Greatest Hits, and Folsum Prison Blues by Johnny Cash. Hey I glad my old turntable still works.
We are having a kitchen jam tonite, should be good.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

Now I,m listening to Devils and Dust, Springsteen (I think I'll add "All I' m Thinking Bout" to this list of Dobro songs I can(t) play)
Before it was Until the Son turns Black - Ray Lamontagne (Empty is a good tune to play!)

I am playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the right order! [Eric Morecombe]

I'm currently rotating between:

Barenaked Ladies - Disk 1: All Their Greatest Hits
Los Lonely Boys - Sacred (Diamonds is a fantastic track from that album)

and

The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow, Wincing The Night Away and Oh, Inverted World (Can you tell I'm going to see them soon??)

Another day means it's time for some different tunes. Jimi Hendrix "Electric Ladyland" is spinnin' in the ole boom box now. And dang, diggity, dang, does it sound saaa-weeee-heeeeat!!!!!

Give everything but up.

Well, today its definitely Muse:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrsMPpW6q2E
because i need the energy to clean the house - so I'll be playing the whole of Absolution and Black Holes CD! Matt Bellamy has saved Brit Rock single handedly!