Topic: songtitles in songbook

How can i get the songtitles in the songbook changed? Changing them in the edit-section doesn't help.

Re: songtitles in songbook

why would you want to change them?

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

well, I have a few artists there that are tagged unknown, which i happen to know, and it would be kinda nice to correct those errors. And then some songtitles are written in caps and some don't, not actually any world-devouring problem but it sure looks stupid when you print the songbook..

Hi Sailor_boyy and welcome to chordie's forum!  Sorry you are having a problem.  I am not a programmer, but from what I can deduce (from trying to change mispelled titles myself) is that the song titles and subtitles are best left alone.

Seems that if you change anything in the {t:title} or {st:subtitle} lines of the song your song gets 'lost' and the index cannot find it anymore.  Everthing else about a song can be changed in editing, but those 2 lines need to stay the same - this is rather disturbing when the song's title is spelled wrong, or in all caps, or is otherwise stupid.

One option is to add a {c:comment} line under the subtitle.  In the comment you can include the title corrections that are needed (but the lousy titles will still be there looking all stupid and ugly).

Hope this helps.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

ok, well as I said it's not a big problem at all, nearly a question of aesthetics. Since nothing can be done I'll have to learn to live with it. Thanks a lot=)

The title is used to identify the song. I can try looking into this to see if there is an easy way to fix it.