1 (edited by Guitarpix 2008-01-15 22:18:29)

Topic: Chodie members private Youtube group

Hello everyone! I started a Youtube group last night for use by fellow chordians. I set this up as a place for members to share their work with other members. I thought this could be great fun and a very useful tool. I think it will be a tremendous asset to be able to post videos to help explain different techniques and share ideas. I think it could also be great for the songwriters who post their lyrics and chords here. (you can post examples of the rythm you have in mind to accompany your lyrics & chords)  I'd like to invite all members to join and post their work. If you don't want to post vids you can still join and check out the work of your fellow forumist. You can post vids on the group without posting it for the world. You can select the people you want to be allowed to see it! Anyway, I hope to see you all there! If your interested just follow the link I have posted below. Thank You!

http://www.youtube.com/group/Chordians   I'd ask that we please post only music related material! Let's keep it Clean Please!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: Chodie members private Youtube group

i sent a join group request...under the name  riddler1989

nice idea - Hey what's the big guitar with all the abelone inlay - looks scrummy!

I am playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the right order! [Eric Morecombe]

Hey riddler and sumelton1. I just approved your memberships, Welcome. The guitar with all the inlay is a Morgan M-50. Peace!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

Hey! I am on Youtube! wait, this IS for youtube members right? I am stupid today. But anyway, I am on YouTube and yeah...

EVERYONE'S LOOKIN' AT ME WEIRD, BOB.

~~random~~ wink

Yea it's on Youtube. Just a youtube group I put together for the chordie members to gather and share their work. Follow the link in the original post to the group and join in. So far we've got 9 or 10 chordie members in the group. Peace!

7 (edited by Guitarpix 2008-01-15 22:19:44)

Just thought I'd post something in this thread to bring it back to life incase some of the newer members would like to join in! Peace!

good idea lol

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Sent a request-1961GibsonSG.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

that is a good idea. i'm new here,but i like the site.

here's to us and those like us,damn few of us left.

nice one, i joined today, might post something on there when i get a bit better, cheers, Andy

Check it out! I put a photo on my profile so you can all have a good laugh!

lol

Wait 'til I put up a video, you'll be laughing 'til you vomit!

cool

I'm the son of rage and love

LOL bonedaddy - Stay out of my garden! smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Sweet Guitarpix ... I'll join once I get home ... question?  Can we get some vids of members w/instruction for beginners?  songs to learn?

Also, do you need our Chordie account name or can we give you a different one ?

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

15 (edited by Guitarpix 2008-01-17 19:17:55)

Tim0473 wrote:

Sweet Guitarpix ... I'll join once I get home ... question?  Can we get some vids of members w/instruction for beginners?  songs to learn?

Hey Tim,
   Yea we should be able to get some instructional stuff up. Anything in particular that your interested in? I've got a few instructional vids up already under my old name (paintermanone) Wonderwall, Stuck in the middle, Sweet Jane, and such. I'm not claiming for them to be any good...lol, but they should be helpfull. I'm a beginner myself (been playing about 13 months or so)and have tons of good instructional vids and articles saved, so if there's anything in particular your looking for let me know and I can probably send you a link. Look forward to seeing you there! Peace!

A great way to find new songs and good instructional vids is to visit other members pages and browse through their favorites and subscriptions.

Guitarpix wrote:
Tim0473 wrote:

Hey Tim,
   Yea we should be able to get some instructional stuff up. Anything in particular that your interested in? I've got a few instructional vids up already under my old name (paintermanone) Wonderwall, Stuck in the middle, Sweet Jane, and such. I'm not claiming for them to be any good...lol, but they should be helpfull. I'm a beginner myself (been playing about 13 months or so)and have tons of good instructional vids and articles saved, so if there's anything in particular your looking for let me know and I can probably send you a link. Look forward to seeing you there! Peace!

A great way to find new songs and good instructional vids is to visit other members pages and browse through their favorites and subscriptions.

Ok thanks ... as far as anything in particular ... instruction wise I get lost when I read Guitar World and they start talking about appregio's, whole steps, half steps, etc ... although I am figuring out the minor Pentatonic Scales (A, C, D so far) ... things along those lines would be awesome to know ...

The song stuff is good to see visually instead of just by the tabs ... sometimes when I'm trying the notes out it doesn't sound the same (even though I know they're drop tuning, etc.)

Like you I've only been playing for about 14 months now ... I've gotten some songs down pat (like Living After Midnight, Twist of Cain) ... I want to start getting some other tunes down but when I start trying a song and it doesnt sound "right" I put it aside and look for something else!  (bad habit I know!)

Guitarpix

I tried accessing the group but when the page loads, it's coming up with an error loading the page and nothing happens

Tim - I haven't had any problems. I'm on there right now as matter of fact. Do you have a youtube account? I'm thinking if you don't maybe they wont let you view groups - just a guess. Keep Trying!

http://www.youtube.com/group/Chordians

How to join a group

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/b … opic=11545

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I created one again since apparently my old one isn't logging in ... I tried for about 10 mins and I just keep going back to the login page on youtube

In the mean time, I'm practicing "Back in Black"  smile

Tim0473 wrote:

I created one again since apparently my old one isn't logging in ... I tried for about 10 mins and I just keep going back to the login page on youtube

I've had the same glitch with youtube before. Sometimes restarting my computer solves it but occasionally it lasts for a couple of days. All I can say is keep trying....? Sorry I couldn't be of more help...Peace!

Great idea GP. Just joined. Looking forward to seeing what everyone's up to.

Cheers

BW

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth