Topic: Bringing out SONGS, ALBUMS in Europe vs USA pt 1

There is of course a great difference between European Groups and US groups.
As for me, there are still a lot of bands, famous in Europe and ready to conquer the USA, a dream becoming reality for only a few.
If I had a band (being older and supposed to be more realistic, which is difficult for me) I would concentrate me :
1) Europe, without the UK, because it is also more difficult, focusing on countries like Belgium, my or your homeland, and try to concentrate me on countries like Germany, Netherlands, Scandinavia, followed by France, Spain, Italy. COUNT THE POPULATION!!! and compare it with the USA.
But France is not so easy: FIRST: have you heard about "l' Academie Française" trying to avoid influences from NON French words: AIDS = SIDA. A lot of French artists covered famous song, US or UK, and sing them in French.
How big is the market: GERMANY: 82.000.000  FRANCE: 61.000.000  UK: 60.000.000  ITALY: 58.000.000  SPAIN: 40.000.000  NETHERLANDS & BELGIUM: 27.000.000 POLAND: 39.000.000
SCANDINAVIA (Denmark, Finland, Sweden and Norway): 24.000.000
total without UK: 292.000.000 and with UK: 360.000.000 I only added Poland, because the market is closer to us. This is a huge market, but compared to the States, we still have all those individual countries.
QUESTION: IS THERE IN THE USA ALSO A DIFFERENT MUSIC TASTE IN THE 50 STATES?
THE POPULATION IS also 300.000.000. Some US artists, like Michael Jackson did sell in the US only 27.000.000 copies of the album thriller BUT he is also huge in Europe. Less known here is GARTH BROOKS, also selling over 20.000.000 copies and relative unknown here.
This is called topic 1, because I loved to have a list with 2007 big sellers, and a top 5

GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: IT WILL BE A THRILLER USA VS EUROPE

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: Bringing out SONGS, ALBUMS in Europe vs USA pt 1

that is a fair bit of research ye done there phil. Good work,
and this is not meant to sound cheeky, just something I say all the time that is very good useful information. I like reading stuff that is of no use to anyone but good to tell people. My head is full of what I call useless information, but to someone somewhere it will be useful, so Plaese dont see me saying that as cheek ( just in case there is a language barrier thing here)

So, roughly if not, there are more people in Europe than USA. that is not hard to believe but, big question is, what is the average age of people that listen to mainstream bands? as in how many concert halls does europe have compared to europe?
In europe the age expectancy is higher than america so I would think that you could get more americans listening and going to concerts. Maybe that is why so many want to make it big there? also the langauge thing again, Europe has a high volume of english speaking/singing bands but for an english singing band I tihnk more englsih understanding listeners would come from america?
This is all complete speculation from me.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: Bringing out SONGS, ALBUMS in Europe vs USA pt 1

Thanks a lot Ken, this is in fact of the "existance" of this topic.
You are obsessed like me by music, and I think all the stuff around music. I still love knowing "that little detail, named why, who and what", and more, I am going nuts (but I am already nuts) to try to understand music, not tabs, chords or able to read music.
One of my biggest interests is that the USA, is different. If you want to start building a factory over there, it is or will be very difficult, and in the mean time we are so familiar with their "idustries", see Coca Cola. Isn't it a little bit strange that some UK albums have at least a different song list in the US, same for Japan. It must be a "painful" passion for fans to have and collect them all. As I told I am INFECTED BY THE MUSIC VIRUS, and I spend hours to search for information, facts and share them. I have time (unfortunately) because it is excluded to start working again. My child dream was being captain on a big boat, I had 40 years later the life opportunity: I was accepted to be a Doc on a cruise line. I had to mention my accident in my CV, but, EVEN BEING ACCEPTED and knowing I could start in Miami in April, they had the right to contact the hospital, and be sure, they did. I went to a horrible period, the struggle between knowing my condition and accepting it. I still can't accept it, even my social live has gone, only because I can't sit longer than 15 minutes. I will come, if invited, but I am to scared to go out for a party or a dinner. I have no secrets, I am still able to give advise, and writing about it, relieves me because I am not alone. I just want to make myself useful, I wrote 2 books, not published, because I am not allowed to earn money, but I can probably make a deal with insurance companies. I do hope that you, everybody, don't have to go through the same "hell".
I wrote you already, you are a very nice, comprehensive person, and I hope we'll meet each other some day.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]