Topic: Anyone else think Parkwood is a great guitar?

Is it just me, or has anyone else tried one of these?  It seems to play as well as any gibson or martin i have ever played.  i had never heard of them when a salesman tried to get me to buy one a while back.  i didn't buy it.  later i saw one in a pawn shop and bought it for almost nothing.  I am really impressed by the quality and sound of this instrument (PW-310M).  Are the other guys just charging so much extra for their names?

Re: Anyone else think Parkwood is a great guitar?

I played one about 6 months ago at a shop--had a very full, rich voice, I loved it.
I don't know much, but I think there is a lot of image wraped up in owning a Martin or Taylor--yes, fantastic guitar's, but I agree with you, I think you pay for all the advertising as well as the guitar.

Re: Anyone else think Parkwood is a great guitar?

Those parkwood guitars look really nice. It is getting more and more difficult to choose.
I wrote it a dozen times: 25 years ago, you had in Electric: Gibson LP Standard, Custom, SG
Fender: Stratocaster and telecaster.
A wasn't really interested in acoustics, but I had a Yamaha FG300 (?)
NOW: almost impossible to find "your" guitar, unless you can play a month all moddels they have. Did you look on youtube or myspace, because you a lot of brands there with sound. It might be not the "real sound" but it gives you some inspiration and information.
I just looked at youtube, you will find a few videos concerning parkwood, just google youtube, and search for parkwood guitars.
hope this helps.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]