Topic: CD's?

My band have almost finished making our first cd and we were wondering, 'We too now'?. Where should we sell our album. We are only 14 and have no money. Do you think cd shops will sell it. We will hand out free copies at school. What about music shops will they sell them?

Cheers, Altex

[url=http://www.myspace.com/rdxfunk]www.myspace.com/rdxfunk[/url]

Re: CD's?

Hi Altex,

How about taking them to your local radio station and explain who you are and what you are about. If they are interested you may get an interview and your music played on air and, you might then get folks busting a gut to get one of your CD's.

Take care,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Altex, I agree 100% with Roger.
I also know that it is scary, because of your age, and the QUESTION: will they like it!!!
I am not a professional, like manager, or CEO in a record company, like WEA, BMG ARIOLA. About BMG ARIOLA, the BENELUX boss, was one of my best friends.
I know that those guys are for 90% interested in WHAT CAN I WIN, USING YOUR GROUP. 10% they are interested in you guys. So you have one big advantage, if you bring the CD on the market, remember that it is not expensive (matter of speaking). They take a CD, put it in a big "machine" and making as much copies as you want. This is really tricky and not so easy, because once the CD is accepted, and you have a good response: how many CD's I need.
I am going to put this on Bands & Artists, here we are on the electric site.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Why not ask a local music store too give away a few free copies when someone purchases a CD by a band in your Genre?

You needn't give away all your discs, just some of them. Maybe that would help create a bit of a buzz around your band and introduce you to a bigger fanbase. Then when they're in the shop asking about YOUR CD, well, that's the time too sell 'em.
Speculate to acumulate.

Can't hurt to give it a go. smile

Good luck.

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

Our local radio station only plays the 'top 40' sort of thing so we won't have any luck there.  And if I only handed out a few then people would just burn them. Any Ideas for gigs either?

[url=http://www.myspace.com/rdxfunk]www.myspace.com/rdxfunk[/url]

:S
thats the problem my band has
and the aparent lack of drums
im 13 but its only about a years difference

I like cheese:P
               And Paramore:cool:
               And my guitar:D

get your parents to ok this! contact kunaki sales and service they will manufacture your cd's for nothing and charge you $1.75 when you order 1 plus shipping the first one is free then contact cd baby at cdbabycdbaby.com they will set up a web site for free and charge you $4.00.per cd sold but because of your age you will need your parents ok because you are minors good luck smile

Altex wrote:

My band have almost finished making our first cd and we were wondering, 'We too now'?. Where should we sell our album. We are only 14 and have no money. Do you think cd shops will sell it. We will hand out free copies at school. What about music shops will they sell them?

Cheers, Altex

"Growing old is not for sissies"

8 (edited by Russell_Harding 2008-06-12 20:24:15)

I forgot to mention cd baby charges a one time set up fee of $35.00 per cd(includes web site) and you can have digital distribution included you will recieve 90% and they will only take 10% of sales for digital distribution and it will be necessary to enter into a contract that is why you will need your parents okee dokee because a minor can not legally enter into a contract and this is a requirement. smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hi Altex,
Ive just listened to your songs. My favourite is "Any Other Way"
God Luck to you and your band.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

ALTEX are your songs on YOUTUBE? if not put them there.
Are you able to busk on a street corner? It can be interesting, if you are not afraid to do it.
WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR BAND?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]