Topic: 12 string tuning

I picked up a 12 string acoustic over the weekend and I'm having some trouble tuning it. I use a digital tuner for my six string, but I cant figure out how to use it on the 12 string. The basic 6 strings tune fine in E,A,D,G,B,E, but I cant find the tuning for the other high six strings. Can anyone tell me what the high strings are suposed to be tuned at?

Re: 12 string tuning

They are E A D G B and E, too.  Everything is just an octave up.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

To clarify (if necessary!), on the 4 lowest strings, E A D G, each pair of strings is tuned an octave apart. On the B and high E strings, the tuning is in unison (i.e. each pair of strings is tuned to the same pitch)

The last 2 pair of (the thin strings) are tuned exactly the same B and E, NO DIFFERENCE, only the 4x2 strings are different, but E still remains E, the big string= E, the thin = E, as jerome told and rmancc

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Thans, I'll give it a try.

I use a web site called Get-tuned.com its free.

Oilymike