Topic: Billy Joel and Cass Dylan

What do you all think about this song? I think it is fantastic. Billy wrote this tune and hired 21yr old Cass to perform the tune. Billy thought it would have more impact with a younger person(around the same age as the average soldier) singing the tune. Please listen to the tune and relay your thoughts....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0huRJvnsOE

Give everything but up.

Re: Billy Joel and Cass Dylan

I am not so familiar about the tune.
What I noticed, maybe 30 years ago is we had Elton John and Billy Joel, but also Joey Jackson & Elvis Costello. At first, I had it difficult to distinguish Jackson and Costello, maybe 1 or 2 songs.
It is sometimes strange that voices of artists look really similar, but it is obvious that this changes.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

gitaardocphil wrote:

I am not so familiar about the tune.
What I noticed, maybe 30 years ago is we had Elton John and Billy Joel, but also Joey Jackson & Elvis Costello. At first, I had it difficult to distinguish Jackson and Costello, maybe 1 or 2 songs.
It is sometimes strange that voices of artists look really similar, but it is obvious that this changes.

Hey Doc,

The tune is new. Billy Joel recently wrote the song in support of the heroic soldiers and their battle against  terrorism.

Have A Great Day,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

YOU GUYS ARE MISSING OUT IF YOU DON'T LISTEN TO THIS TUNE!!!

Give everything but up.