Topic: Scratch On Front of Guitar

I just got a new Seagull guitar and I accidentally scratched the front with the metal clasp on the guitar case.  Is there any way I can 'cover' the scratch or at least try to make it not so noticeable?  Thanks for your help.

Re: Scratch On Front of Guitar

Yeah, put a big peace sign sticker over the scratch!!!!

or this might be a bit more practical;

http://members.shaw.ca/wilkatguitars/git_tips7.htm

Give everything but up.

Call me wierd, but I think the nicks and dings on a guitar give it character...like a diary.  I have a ding on my headstock from the first gig I ever played, have a crack in the finish when I left it in a cold car in detroit all day before playing with a professional drummer, I was nervous as heck and didn't let it warm up.....stevie ray vaughn's guitar was beat all to heck and looks fantastic.
That being said, I'd be carefull on the finish, seagulls can have a hand-rubbed, low gloss look, but on my Carvin, I use a dunlop product, a carnuba wax, that makes it look good--I imagine it fills in little scratches and stuff.

glennbaker wrote:

I just got a new Seagull guitar and I accidentally scratched the front with the metal clasp on the guitar case.  Is there any way I can 'cover' the scratch or at least try to make it not so noticeable?  Thanks for your help.

As mentioned above by 25Frankster depending on the thickness of your finish and also the depth of the scratch it can be rubbed out with 3M Finesse it its about $35.00 american for a quart.

Bootlegger.