Topic: hispanic guitar guitar help please!!

i love the sound of mexican and spanish guitars as well as the other latin american sounds but i have trouble playing it does any one no any scales that would help me in my quest to add that sound into my bag of tricks it would meen a lot to me thanks

So Red Delicious

Re: hispanic guitar guitar help please!!

spanish or mexican can be classical music or mariache to flemco each requires a substancial knowledge of the rudiments of scale construction,especally classic the spanish form uses fingerpicking as dose the flemco music,it has a lot of fire and take time to learn but so dose anything if you wish or want to do it.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

A lot of spanish style songs are in the dorian mode.  You need to know scales to understand modes.  Once you know scales and the dorian mode, you'll be playing latin style music much more easily.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

gracias

So Red Delicious

sanguine wrote:

i love the sound of mexican and spanish guitars as well as the other latin american sounds but i have trouble playing it does any one no any scales that would help me in my quest to add that sound into my bag of tricks it would meen a lot to me thanks

www.benise.com Dude totally smokes, nice guy and you really will enjoy.

Bootlegger.

call me a traditionalist i prefer flemenco without the bells and whistles,perhaps he appeals to {as it seems} a younger audience and some older people also.he is an excellent musician and very creative but not my cup of tea,great vidio thanks for the link

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Zurf wrote:

A lot of spanish style songs are in the dorian mode.  You need to know scales to understand modes.  Once you know scales and the dorian mode, you'll be playing latin style music much more easily.

- Zurf

stop me if im wrong but i started to look around after you said dorian mode and some resource told me it was a phrygian mode the used.

So Red Delicious